ran into a Norge today

DeBenGuzzi

it was red and at a bowling alley, they guy said he likes to do cross country trips and has been the best bike he's ever ridden, I really like them in person but still couldn't see buying one exactly, MAYBE if the price was right and silver not red. I still like the stelvio a lot better but my odds of finding one of those (not special ordered, brand new, high buck) are super duper slim. especially the TT I like the most, still I test rode a BMW 1200GS adv. last weekend and while it sure was nice and comfy the 24k OTD had me saying REALLY? I could buy a metric cruiser AND a rice rocket for that much dough. <_>

screw it, looking it over my next bike will be a Stelvio, hopefully a TT, looks the b's knee's to me and if its half as comfortable as the GS adv. I'm dbl sold, I bet the seat is actually more comfortable the GS one was not great, redo would be in order but guzzi is famous for great stock seats(even tho I have a custom as well)

Seems like Guzzi has decided not to call it a TT. Teo Lamers site show their stock badged at Stelvio 1200 NTX.

Pics here >>> Teo Lamers Site

I cannot believe that the fuel tank size was not increased for this version. Sorry, but 18 litres is too small and would be a deal breaker for me. Presumably this bike is designed to compete against the R1200 GS Adventure which has a 33 litre tank. Thats a big tick in the box for the Beema for anyone wanting to do the type of serious distance riding which is exactly what bikes like this are for.

Seems like Guzzi has decided not to call it a TT. Teo Lamers site show their stock badged at Stelvio 1200 NTX.

Pics here >>> Teo Lamers Site

I cannot believe that the fuel tank size was not increased for this version. Sorry, but 18 litres is too small and would be a deal breaker for me. Presumably this bike is designed to compete against the R1200 GS Adventure which has a 33 litre tank. Thats a big tick in the box for the Beema for anyone wanting to do the type of serious distance riding which is exactly what bikes like this are for.

Have to agree, the Stelvio fuel range will be poor, even compared to the standard GS, never mind the GSA. They really should have made more than just a paint job change from the 'standard' Stelvio. People know the differences between the GS and GSA, and people will soon realize the lack of differences with the new 'special' Stelvio.

Steve

screw it, looking it over my next bike will be a Stelvio, hopefully a TT, looks the b's knee's to me and if its half as comfortable as the GS adv. I'm dbl sold, I bet the seat is actually more comfortable the GS one was not great, redo would be in order but guzzi is famous for great stock seats(even tho I have a custom as well)

I did about 1200 miles on a rental GS in February. Pretty nice all day bike, Road handling is terrific and light off road was easy too. Pretty capable all around bike. Don't see the need to spend the extra for the GSA.

I was actually thinking of getting rid of my RT for a new(er) GS last year but that pesky Tuono got in the way.

Dan, if it EVER becomes so pesky that it's a problem, I'll keep 'er with me. We're plenty close enough that you could visit, although I may be out on it...so call first. :whistle:

OK SH, you are 1st on the list if needed.

well I have the same problem actually, my 2007.5 Aprilia RSVR got in the way, its a lovely problem to have, it really really is. but in the future I need a more capable all day touring bike that can do more and not ache my knee's and arms like my current stable does after an hour+