Handle bar risers-another question

vtv11lemans

• 3 weeks later...
I hope I'm using the "reply" correctly, screwed up the first time. Thanks for the input on the MPH's. I might try these. One question. Are there any clearence issues when handle bars are swung in the full lock position on either end. I noticed that there's significantly less handlebar clearence when swung under the support rod for the fairing. I'm assuming your LeMans has a stock fairing. Secondly, regarding the MPH extension bracket, roughly what is its rise (I'm guessing about two inches). It also appears that the handlebars can be rotated slightly aft (towards the back). Is that something you did to aleviate fairing clearence.

Thanks for your reply and to everybody else who replied.

Ended up getting Convertibars. Installation was a bit more involved. Required removing the upper triple clamp, removing components off the original bars and remounting onto the new ones. Once the new brackets are in place, it's a bit of a balancing act to mount the new clip-ons in the right position for clearence and comfort. A second set of hands is highly recommended. Took me five hours to complete from start to finish (did a little maint. in between). Once on, the kit looks and is of high quality. I added the accessory kit for my Throttle- Meister as well. came to about $280 US.

With the LeMans, due to the fairing bracket, the rise is about 1.25" to 1.5". With the offset of the main mounting post, the handlebars are splayed outward about 1.5 inches on each side. I rotated the handlebars back towards the tank about 3-4". That made a tremendous difference. Also, the adjustable angular orientation of each clip-on (upward, downward and towards rear) gave me an additional rise of about 1/2 inch. First ride on the bike, I was amazed at the difference. Comfort, handling. Particularly the new width of the handlebars, significant improvement in input on curvies.

An added bonus is a noticeable reduction of vibration at the handlebars due to the vibration isolation fixture at the mounting point of each handlebar. All lines except the throttle cable didn't need rerouting. I rerouted the throttle cable from between the forks to the outside of the right fork. The clutch hydraulic was a bit tight at the lock position. Not enough to be a problem. Highly recommended kit. Thanks to everybody's input. Great forum! I will try to post some pics. Leon

• 3 years later...

The risers are installed angled towards the rear, they are designed this way. There is no problem with clearing the fairing if they are installed this way. If you want I can take some detail pictures and post here, just let me know.

yes please the old back and shoulders ain't what they used to be. also did u buy them in bris-vegas biggrin.gif

Here's a couple Gavo

Hi there,

New to this forum and awaiting delivery of my LeMans next week. These risers are exactly what I'll be after - who makes tham and where can I get a set? (If it's MPH there's nothing on their website like this :-(  )

Looking forward to many conversations with Guzzisti!!