Ballabio Rear Brakes - Help needed

FalcoLion

I need to replace my Ballabio rear brake pads. So, I looked up Galfer and EBC brake pads and it looks like that Ballabio rear pads are same as Griso but different from the rest of V11 Lemans line. Sport, LeMans, Scura are listed as having one type of brake pads and Ballabio's are diiferent.

Its essentially identical bikes and all of them have identical front pads. Does anyone have OEM parts listing for Ballabio Pads? Or even better, does anyone know for certain what are EBC, Braking or Galfer?

Thanks

Vlad

I need to replace my Ballabio rear brake pads. So, I looked up Galfer and EBC brake pads and it looks like that Ballabio rear pads are same as Griso but different from the rest of V11 Lemans line. Sport, LeMans, Scura are listed as having one type of brake pads and Ballabio's are diiferent.

Its essentially identical bikes and all of them have identical front pads. Does anyone have OEM parts listing for Ballabio Pads? Or even better, does anyone know for certain what are EBC, Braking or Galfer?

Thanks

Vlad

Guzziology v6.1 sez that Ballabio rear is same Guzzi part# as V11 Sport & LeMans [just as you would expect, and just as the fronts are too.]

Further perusal of that section [begins 19-25] indicates that the appropriate Guzzi pn listed [2765 4610] is for a Brembo F05 caliper. Check your rear caliper; if it has model# F05 on it anywhere, then I think you're in business! The following #s that equate to the Guzzi # above are from that x-ref:

BraKing: 612

DP: DP-601

EBC: FA47 (I knew that one for some reason?..)

Galfer: 12

Tufstop: 719

Best o' luck!

Well, I just took the rear pads off and obviously in the process had to open the caliper halves. The only numbers I saw on the caliper were 20.4531.03. I am assuming that is a part number for the caliper. The only thing I don't know if its Guzzi part or Brembo part number. I would assume its a Brembo part number. So if anyone can somehow cross reference or suggest were I can cross reference this number I would highly appreciate.

I look at the shape of the brake pads and they definitely don't look like the ones that go into Griso. Also just ran Braking cross reference and indeed they are showing as 612. So EBC would be FA47HH (sintered) and Galfer 12

So if anyone in the know can confirm I would appreciate. By the way I was alerted by Galfer listing that the brake pads might be different but I think they have a misprint. Its hard to believe that MG would do such a stupidity.

Guest ratchethack
Well, I just took the rear pads off. and obviously in the process had to open the caliper halves.

?? FL, though it's advisable to have the calipers off for a good internal cleaning of the inside of the caliper and grooves between caliper and pistons, seals, etc. with a toothbrush and your favorite parts cleaner, the pads may be easily slid out of the caliper by simply taking off the plastic cover and pulling the single retaining pin -- without even removing the calipers from the bike. Same front or rear, but there are 2 retaining pins in each front caliper. There is no caliper ever made that I know of for car or moto where you need to split the caliper to get the pads out.

Here's a link to the TAW site with Brembo part numbers and handy photo's for ID that may be helpful:

http://www.tawvehicle.com/brembo_calipers.htm

Hope this helps. :luigi:

Greg,

Thanks for confirming.

Rachethack, I took the caliper apart and cleaned it up. So now its nice and shiny. Its the first time I am changing the brakes on this bike so I did it by taking caliper apart. Now I will be installing it just by sliding a pin. Thanks for the link. I somehow forgot about it. I don't buy too often from TAW

Thank you all