Loose fuel line

Van

My poor Tenni 125 has been sitting in storage in the garage for close to a year and I finally got 'round to fresh oil, charge the battery and fire it up......which it did without any bother at all... :thumbsup:

EXCEPT... I thought it was running very rich as the fumes where very strong... then I looked down and fuel was pouring from the main fuel line under the tank!

Turns out the clamp was loose...very loose. I've never experienced a hose clamp backing off that badly. :luigi:

So, to all those other Tennista's out there and any other V11's ....Watch Out!!

I don't know if that was as potentially dangerous as I thought, but the idea of raw gas streaming out and running down the tranny and onto the hot pipe is not one I'm comfortable with.

Something I also noticed was my plugs where only hand tight? Seemed kinda iffy to me.

So there we have it.

Watch out for loose fuel lines!!!

:bier:

Cheers

Van

I cannot imagine these items simply worked loose over time. Did you by any chance have the bike serviced prior to the storage period? If so, perhaps that is the source of the gremlins.

• 2 weeks later...
I cannot imagine these items simply worked loose over time. Did you by any chance have the bike serviced prior to the storage period? If so, perhaps that is the source of the gremlins.

i to had a similar start before a ride with gas pissing out. Quick screw and away she went.It was just after a service,I havent had any reoccurence of the problem,I try to look over the bike regulary espically during the rides.

• 3 weeks later...