First Guzzi

David L

I came across this site tonight while searching for more information. I picked it up about a month ago. 100% stock (minus the tank protector) - down to the original tires and battery, from a collector near here. When I walked into his garage to pick it up it looked like Jay Leno's garage. I would guess 60+ bikes and not a single one was american or asian. He was a big Vincent and Agusta fan (has the second MV ever produced) and needed more space for his collection of them. It's an 01 with only 1021 miles when I got it. I still feel bad taking such a low mile one as using it as a normal everyday bike, but I told this to him and he didn't seem to care. I'm still in my 20's but I have had about a dozen bikes and this one by far takes the cake as far as eye catching. I'm sure everyone has seen a picture of it, but I'm posting one anyway. :D

A little about me... I am located in Kansas and I have several other "collector" bikes to restore including an unmolseted 72 Truimph bonneville. I also am a long time member of the fireblades.org website and the local topeka sport bike scene. I got my license the day after I turned 16 and haven't looked back.

guzzi1.jpg

Did the Rossa have clutch issues? I honestly don't remember, but you might look into it.

Lovely bike!

From what I understand the first 300 had a few minor issues, and some tweaks were made for the second 300 produced. I really am not sure what all was changed, just what I have found out via the little reasearch I have done on them. Mine feels and runs perfect though.