Actual value of a Rosso Corsa?

Jerry Atrick

Is this forum still alive? It appears most of the posts are quite old? I haven't been here myself for awhile but anyway, here's my question...I have an '03 Rosso Corsa in good shape - 15k miles - red (of course!) with the titanium pipes and chip. Kelly Blue Book says $7525 retail. I'm trying to make a trade and my counterpart (a tough negotiator) says there's "no way" the bike is worth that much. So my question is very basic...what's a good '03 Rosso Corsa with the good pipes and chip really worth? Thanks in advance for any help.

Is this forum still alive? It appears most of the posts are quite old? I haven't been here myself for awhile but anyway, here's my question...I have an '03 Rosso Corsa in good shape - 15k miles - red (of course!) with the titanium pipes and chip. Kelly Blue Book says $7525 retail. I'm trying to make a trade and my counterpart (a tough negotiator) says there's "no way" the bike is worth that much. So my question is very basic...what's a good '03 Rosso Corsa with the good pipes and chip really worth? Thanks in advance for any help.

Alot of insurance companies in the USA use the NADA guide to settle the compensation on bikes. I just went there about a month ago to look at the same bike and the quote was about $6300 IIRC. Just do a search for NADA, and in 2 minutes you'll get the price you are looking for. Also, remind your counterpart that the KBB price is about 1/2 of it's new price. And yes, this site is still alive, and at times quite lively too!

"What's it worth" ...always a good question.

I tried to put a value on my Tenni awhile ago and figured that the bike is worth at least $9,000.00 Cdn / $8,000.00 US

It's one of those things, these bikes are more than just their sum of parts, that plus the "rare" value of them. Also if you look at comparable BMW's (I feel that they should be similar). One other thing to look at is the replacement value......if you went out there and tried to find something like this from the Oriental 4 you couldn't, (maybe an RC51) so you have to go European, and that leads you staight back to Guzzi! ;)

Cheers

:bier:

Van

The best way to find out if its worth what you're asking is to post it for sale here and on Ebay. If someone is willing to give you what you're asking then its worth it ;) The guy that you're trying to trade it off on is only trying to figure out if he can turn the bike into a buck. My guess is that you're at the upper limits of what a 6 plus year old motorcycle is worth.

my guess is 5-6k in the right market to the right seller, you'll have to be patient or you'll end up selling it for 4 just to offload it. I cant imagine selling such a nice bike for that low tho I'm hoping to sell my bike in the somewhat nearish future for 4500 is my goal, I have a ton of stuff with it though, complete second set of original body work and a rich maund seat plus original and all kinds of fancy bits installed plus some custom paint that looks pretty good I think. ^_^

my guess is 5-6k in the right market to the right seller, you'll have to be patient or you'll end up selling it for 4 just to offload it. I cant imagine selling such a nice bike for that low tho I'm hoping to sell my bike in the somewhat nearish future for 4500 is my goal, I have a ton of stuff with it though, complete second set of original body work and a rich maund seat plus original and all kinds of fancy bits installed plus some custom paint that looks pretty good I think. ^_^

Ben, I don't have any cash now but let me know when you go to sell it!

DSC_3958.jpg

DSC_3960.jpg

DSC_3959.jpg

DSC_3338.jpg

DSC_3962.jpg

I got the stock rear light assembly and side covers I just have them kinda packed away. only thing I do not have the stock pipes or crossover, oh well. I had cored them anyway so they weren't very stock.

and yes my garage is very dirty, I'll work on it.

Here is a more blacked out version of Ben's bike :ninja:

thats all fine and dandy but I got at least 2 things going for me, my engine coating won't ever come off and my clutch won't detonate at random, love the 2 plate :P

are the frames the same? I don't remember when they got longer and only the first year-ish had red frames :) rosso's come with CF chin pad? that thing is UBER unobtanium, took me 2 years to locate one.

thats all fine and dandy but I got at least 2 things going for me, my engine coating won't ever come off and my clutch won't detonate at random, love the 2 plate :P

are the frames the same? I don't remember when they got longer and only the first year-ish had red frames :) rosso's come with CF chin pad? that thing is UBER unobtanium, took me 2 years to locate one.

My engine coating looks just fine, none of those problems here. After 34k if it aint coming off yet it never will. Have you ever heard of a clutch going bad in a Rosso? I havent yet. If it did go bad I have a replacement kit brand new in the box ready to go :P The frames probably are the same and I have a regular chin pad.

My engine coating looks just fine, none of those problems here. After 34k if it aint coming off yet it never will. Have you ever heard of a clutch going bad in a Rosso? I havent yet. If it did go bad I have a replacement kit brand new in the box ready to go :P The frames probably are the same and I have a regular chin pad.

no, none on the rosso's but the tenni's appear to be blowing up now, maybe they went with a better unit for the rosso's and later models got cheaper and cheaper ones i.e scuras :huh: