Bar conversion 99% complete

df2

The job is almost done, sans one mirror which is on order, and some minor tweeks. Rode it for the first time since the

conversion and I love it. This is now the motorcycle I wanted. Will have to post better daylight pics, just wanted to do it

since I finished. Grips are Rizomas, Mirror is from Aprilia (cheap too).

2715693860054253292fJXArL_th.jpg

2280255140054253292tbIcXQ_th.jpg

2941873790054253292leHQrw_th.jpg

2586492020054253292yiieyx_th.jpg

2262485420054253292hgCIOs_th.jpg

Looks good :thumbsup: What bar did you go with?

PS cute kid!

Thanks Tom,

Yeah, I'm proud of it, the kid too. I went with a Rizoma Conical, it tapers from 29mm to 20.6 (whatever 7/8 is). I needed to find something that would work with the 30mm clamp (made shims for the last mm) No bar ends right now, but it has eliminated 90% of the vibration and the mirrors are crystal clear when riding. Before I couldn't tell if there was a car behind me or a swarm of nasty fireflys.

My one problem, I think I snapped my spedo cable while letting the instruments hang. It was unattached when I came back from a ride with no spedo or odometer. I couldn't tell if it snapped or just fell off, but it didn't work when I put it back on. There was only about half an inch of it up inside the angled attachment and about 2 inches hanging down from the spedo. It looked like they were supposed to go inside one another (one being hollow). I just don't know what a good one is supposed to look like. Manual doesn't cover it.

Anyway, thanks. It was easier than I thought it would be. Especially when I found a drill guide at the dump sitting along side the transfer station.

Later

David

Looks great, but aren't you a little young to be riding a motorcycle?

If the newer speedo cables are like the older ones, then it probably just slipped down out of the square drive on either the transmission or the back of the speedometer. I've had that happen several times on my older Guzzis. Unthread the ring nut at the back of the speedo (or the transmission- whichever is easier) and thread it back together making sure that square end fits into the receiver.

Less complicated than it sounds....

Looks great, but aren't you a little young to be riding a motorcycle?

Like my son says every time we go to the motorcycle shop, "Daddy that one's my age, I can get that one. right?"