Bought a 2001 gearbox off Ebay

Bruce Reader

After having my second flywheel explode with the ring gear blending my gearbox- I have bought a used one from a 2001 on Ebay

Can someone tell me if this gearbox needs or has had the recall work done ?

Vin no ZGUKRAKR41M113599

Cheers

Bruce

It looks like it falls in the effected ZGUKRAKR8YM111929 - ZGUKRAKR11M114435 recall range. The actual recall notice is in the fileshare section of this site.

The previous owner doesnt know if the work was done or not (mutilple owners). Is there a register in the U.S to see if the work has already been done ?

Cheers

Bruce

My local dealer was able to check online, but it involved a lot of swearing.

My brother in law just sold his green frame spiny low mileage trans for $100 US on ebay, he got more for his foot pegs than a perfect transmision.... ebay is fickle. If it was his transmission, it was sorted and had a bit less than 14k miles on it

That's the one John. By sorted i assume you mean it had the suspect parts replaced ?

Cheers

Bruce

Yeah he bought it from a collector in San Diego that as I recall sorted all the bits, I rode it frequently, perfect transmission... You stole that sucker for $100, when I heard that I told him to call me before he give stuff away.... :rolleyes:

It was a good deal (happy he didnt call you :D )- havent been abble to source a 2nd hand one here in Aus for past 4mths. Shall have the Scura on the road soon for some spring/summer riding.

Cheers

Bruce

p.s Its a heavy little bugger ! The postage was nearly 3 times the purchase price :P

It was a good deal (happy he didnt call you :D )- havent been abble to source a 2nd hand one here in Aus for past 4mths. Shall have the Scura on the road soon for some spring/summer riding.

Cheers

Bruce

p.s Its a heavy little bugger ! The postage was nearly 3 times the purchase price :P

Yeah,

Johnny said it was a fortune to ship it, should have made roper stash it in his suitcase next trip over....