My scura runs hot ...

slowkitty

It's strange that I should only notice this like 2 years after I bought the bike, but my scura runs hot. I mean, I am going like 90 km/h in a 30 degrees centigrade ambient temperature and yet I felt heat on my inner thigh (right side) and bum (right side too). Was wearing a thin pair of jeans but I do not think that that is the problem; not the first time I wore that on my Guzzi.

What you guys reckon? Sign of any impending mechanic failure? I do not ride the bike often enough, BTW, have a couple of other bikes.

Cheers

It's strange that I should only notice this like 2 years after I bought the bike, but my scura runs hot. I mean, I am going like 90 km/h in a 30 degrees centigrade ambient temperature and yet I felt heat on my inner thigh (right side) and bum (right side too). Was wearing a thin pair of jeans but I do not think that that is the problem; not the first time I wore that on my Guzzi.

What you guys reckon? Sign of any impending mechanic failure? I do not ride the bike often enough, BTW, have a couple of other bikes.

Cheers

Tough call. If you can compare head temp side to side to see if the right is indeed hotter, that might give you a clue if anything is wrong. An infrared gun works well for this. Lean running can cause more head temp. If your bike is running fine and making no unusual noises, I wouldn't worry too much.

I noticed more seat heat after I had a gel pad installed in my seat. They seem to hold heat more. :huh2:

Will go check the plugs when I can. Thanks.

The other thing is that the bike cannot idle for long; after about 3 minutes or so, even when warmed up the idling will slow down until it stall. Unrelated issue (to the heat issue) of adjusting the idling?