Α V65 Lario is trying to enter my garage

Dimitris

Folks! What are your thoughts, opinions about this bike? It still belongs to a friend of mine in Athens and he is willing to sell it so as to buy a Breva 1100. He is trying to persuade me to buy it... The bike has 37.000 km, model of 1989, in a very very good condition, with new mistrals.

http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/tt313/Z.../Chatzibougias/

Have the valve springs been modifyed yet?

The only thing I know is that the bike is running great! It fires up immediately and now it is retuned and rebalanced with the new Mistrals and the air-filter pods. People who rode it claim that it runs super! I haven't yet ridden it since 500 km seperates us..

Guzzi in their infinite wisdom (I use this term loosely) decided that double valve springs were required they had the unfortunate habit of breaking valve stems if given a hard time ie extended running at big RPM. This may have been fixed on latter models I have no idea, the general fix is to replace the valve springs with the single valve springs off a GN250 but I'd be doing a bit more research into it before commiting.

The valves should be replaced every 30 K or so, otherwise they will snap and destroy the head. Other than that, it's a delight to ride and really fast on a curvy road. There aren't that many tires to choose between nowadays, they being 16 inchers.

Dimitris..............Why would you? Plenty large crankcase Guzzis around! :D

Someone once said size isn't everything :lol: but seriously thats a nice looking bike and if there's a way to fix the valve problems (friends in the know say there hand grenades) I would buy one that good