Exhaust pipe size question

1100sport

Hi everyone, I have a little question. I have read somewhere that exhaust tubing on the 1100 sport (and v11) is 45mm. But I dont know if it is inside or outside diameter size - can someone help me?

I am asking because I saw some nice megaphones very cheap (see the link below) which are made to fit a 45mm outside diameter tubing... Thanks!

http://www.jcwhitney.com/jcwhitney/product...&zmap=17567

Guest ratchethack

OE header is 45 mm OD, OE and aftermarket crossovers are 52 mm OD.

To fit the JCW megaphones, you also need custom angle extensions between the crossover and megaphones. They would have to go from 52 mm ID at the crossover end to whatever you choose at the other end to fit the megaphones.

52 mm is ~ 2 1/16".

The Web page says, "Includes clamp and 3 collars to fit over 1-3/8", 1-1/2", 1-5/8" or 1-3/4" outside diameter pipes."

Looks doable, but not without some creative mandrel bending, cutting and flaring. :luigi:

Thanks. I did not know that tubing was bigger at the crossover. Too bad, I was hoping for a near bolt on solution and that is far from it...

OE header is 45 mm OD, OE and aftermarket crossovers are 52 mm OD.

To fit the JCW megaphones, you also need custom angle extensions between the megaphones and the crossover. They would have to go from 52 mm ID at the crossover end to whatever you choose at the other end to fit the megaphones.

52 mm is ~ 2 1/16".

The Web page says, "Includes clamp and 3 collars to fit over 1-3/8", 1-1/2", 1-5/8" or 1-3/4" outside diameter pipes."

Looks doable, but not without some creative mandrel bending, cutting and flaring. :luigi:

Thanks. I did not know that tubing was bigger at the crossover. Too bad, I was hoping for a near bolt on solution and that is far from it...

The 1100 Sport exhaust is not identical to V11. Both the downpipes and the pipes between x-over and cans are 42 mm ID / 45 mm OD and (so) the crossover is 45 mm ID at both ends. So the JCW's will fit (in that aspect anyway).

If you decide to buy them, please report how it turns out, and post a picture!

Guest ratchethack

I stand corrected! :blush:

Thanks, Raz.

He would still need creative mandrel bending, cutting and flaring for the angle extensions.

Any well equipped exhaust shop should be able to handle it without too much strain. :luigi: