rosso mandello numbering

Bogwopit

Hi everyone, my first post so here goes !

I recently bought a rosso mandello, and while I believe they were all numbered

and originally came with a certificate showing this number, the one for my bike

did not come with it.

I wonder if anyone can tell me how many were actually made and if it is possible

to work out or find the issue number.(perhaps from frame/engine number)

Ok........off the top of my head..... I think I recall in "Guzziology" that there were an initial 300 made and I think were numbered on the side covers and I do not know the serial number range. Then an additional 300 were made without numbering the side covers. I think I am recalling correctly.? Others more knowledged will chime in I'm sure!

Bob

Hi Andy welcome to the fold :mg: . My Mandello flys a Union Jack flag. Also have a numbered certificate from Guzzi.

Thanks for your info. Mr Claret!

I thought that all R.M.'s originally came with a number,even the ones with national flags on the sidepanels instead of numbers.

I wonder if it would be possible to work out the approx. number of mine from the chassis no.,and would you (or anyone else) know how you could go about getting a replacement certificate?

I've onle had the bike since the beginning of November, so have only done a few miles on it,but that does n't matter much as I spend all my time just looking at it,dreaming of warmer weather.(on sad guy,eh?)

I have been out a few times this winter on my Cali.Vintage, but even with a screen it was still too cold.I'am seriously considering buying a Norge.Anyone know anything good or bad about them?

my chassis no. is zgukr 00001m114625

many thanks,Roo.

Thanks for your info. Mr Claret!

I thought that all R.M.'s originally came with a number,even the ones with national flags on the sidepanels instead of numbers.

I wonder if it would be possible to work out the approx. number of mine from the chassis no.,and would you (or anyone else) know how you could go about getting a replacement certificate?

I've onle had the bike since the beginning of November, so have only done a few miles on it,but that does n't matter much as I spend all my time just looking at it,dreaming of warmer weather.(on sad guy,eh?)

I have been out a few times this winter on my Cali.Vintage, but even with a screen it was still too cold.I'am seriously considering buying a Norge.Anyone know anything good or bad about them?

my chassis no. is zgukr 00001m114625

many thanks,Roo.

There was a thread a few years ago that had a list of the vin numbers of the "numbered" rosso mandello's. I know that the list was accurate because my bikes vin and corresponding number was there and correct. If you do a search here you may come upon it, but like I say its been a few years now.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,Andy,like you I just got myself a RM,I have the certificate #23...my vin no. ends 628. my machine has Union Flags decals on the side panels ,but no numbers. Did they start the numbers from zero for the 2nd batch of 300? :huh:

Hi,Andy,like you I just got myself a RM,I have the certificate #23...my vin no. ends 628. my machine has Union Flags decals on the side panels ,but no numbers. Did they start the numbers from zero for the 2nd batch of 300? :huh:

Hi Crawsure,

nice to hear from you.I saw your R.M. on E.BAY.Your a lot braver/hardier than me to take it out in this weather.

I'am afraid I know very little about the numbering sequence;I thought the first 300 were numbered on the sidepanel and the following 300 were just marked with the flag of the country of sale,however i have heard from people with 'flagged' bikes but with numbers below 300 so it seems the numbering starts again .

If your bike has a number the same as mine just 3 numbers later then mine could possibly be #20.

Hi Crawsure,

nice to hear from you.I saw your R.M. on E.BAY.Your a lot braver/hardier than me to take it out in this weather.

I'am afraid I know very little about the numbering sequence;I thought the first 300 were numbered on the sidepanel and the following 300 were just marked with the flag of the country of sale,however i have heard from people with 'flagged' bikes but with numbers below 300 so it seems the numbering starts again .

If your bike has a number the same as mine just 3 numbers later then mine could possibly be #20.

Oops,

Just seen Stockport Claret has bike #20 with Union Flags on the side so that can't be my number.

Never mind.

The search continues.........

Andy.