Sprung for the Motogadget Speedo...

felix42o

Well, after 3 years of an intermittant tach and faded needles, I went and blew a whole lot of cash on one of these motogadget speedos. Anyone used one? It looks to be pretty top-shelf. Of course, compared to stock, how bad could it be? <_>

Open for suggestions on mounting the oil-temp probe...my thought was in the sump somewhere. I'm damn near halfway around the world away from my V11 at the moment, still working in Bahrain, and won't get to it for another couple of months so it's mostly retail therapy at this point :D

msc_alu_front_06_300.jpg

Good on you! I'm about to do the same, but this would be for an '81 V1000 that I'm screwing up (another cafe project). I'm interested in how you handle the current tach and speedo cable take-offs. Have you sourced a cap? Do you plan to remove the3 drive gears or just leave them in there spinning? It is a beautiful device - please update us....

I sort of planned on gutting that speedo gearbox and just making a cap for the output. I'll make a nice mount for the unit w/ my aerostich-sourced mini temp gauge and clock on either side. Should turn out nice.

I sort of planned on gutting that speedo gearbox and just making a cap for the output.

I'd be interested in the caps you fabricate (or source) for the speedo and tach since I'll need the same for my project. Just not that far yet. Also, haven't looked at what happens mechnically if you remove the drives for these (vs just removing cable and capping the cable take off). The opportunity for a greatlyt cleaned up dash is great. Good luck to you.

Thanks. Like I said, I won't be able to do anything until I get home at the end of March, but I'm looking forward to getting started. I'll update the thread as things progress.