Thread size

Greybeard

You've broken one? Or are you plugging it? Someone had the idea to extend the fuel tank to the frame :P

I hamfistedly broke one, that's why I know its size. Stupid me thought "this heavy thread can take a lot of torque" and totally forgot to include all the perforation in my calculations :rolleyes:

You've broken one? Or are you plugging it? Someone had the idea to extend the fuel tank to the frame :P

I hamfistedly broke one, that's why I know its size. Stupid me thought "this heavy thread can take a lot of torque" and totally forgot to include all the perforation in my calculations :rolleyes:

No, I put on pods and now that vent line is flopping around.

I ws thinking about putting a nozzle on there and touching off a small eternal flame

.....Whoa, wait! I can plug that?

There's another method of venting that system beside through the airbox?

No, you can't just plug it unless you arrange some other breather. When I tried pods, I used a longer hose that ended up behind the gearbox. Never saw a drop come out of it so I guess you could just as well leave the original hose zip-tied to the frame.

FWIW I tossed the pods and remounted the airbox again after logging huge performance losses in midrange. But I miss the looks of my K&N's with red prechargers.

FWIW I tossed the pods and remounted the airbox again after logging huge performance losses in midrange. But I miss the looks of my K&N's with red prechargers.

I'm hoping my PClll will adjust for any of that.

Please don't tell me you've got one and it didn't fill the hole! (cringe)

I'm hoping my PClll will adjust for any of that.

Please don't tell me you've got one and it didn't fill the hole! (cringe)

I've got a closed loop ECU and it supplied 10% less fuel in midrange to maintain the target A/F because of worse breathing. That means 10% less power no matter what you do. I suppose you may have some benefit from pods near redline but I don't run near redline a lot.