new V11 sport owner

billsv11

PICT0006-5.jpg

Bill,

A guy here on this forum that works at Moto International in Seattle. He says he has seen more than one Guzzi where the filter has spun off inside the sump. Although many do not see the need, I added a hose clamp like this after my first oil change. $1.97 insurance policy.

Post some nicer pic's when you get a chance!

Bob

Your last line should be a decal across the fuel tank of every V11 ever produced !

So true. Fondling nice wrenches is part of the Italian bike experience. Having a "tunable" bike is therapeutic for some.

$5000-$6000 seems to be around where good examples have leveled out at. As time goes by they may do some increasing. :thumbsup:

Well iv always done all my own work on my vehicles and enjoy it. If you can see from my horrible pic theres a rc51 in the background that takes damn near tearing the bike down to adjust the valves. Im looking forward to working and tinkering on the v11! And i appreciate the warm welcome!

I am only guessing but must have been the one on eBay from AR...it had about 17K as I recall. Think it was around $5K. Very nice looking bike!

Hey Bob:

I was the one who got that one on Ebay from Arkansas for 5k... (Grey w/red) It does have 17k on it, have not seen it 'in the flesh' yet, early next week, but chomping at the bit waiting... I am having a blast reading through all the posts here, feel I'll be ready for (almost) any problems!

Cheers,

Jamie

Hey Bob:

I was the one who got that one on Ebay from Arkansas for 5k... (Grey w/red) It does have 17k on it, have not seen it 'in the flesh' yet, early next week, but chomping at the bit waiting... I am having a blast reading through all the posts here, feel I'll be ready for (almost) any problems!

Cheers,

Jamie

Congrats Jamie. I grew up in Amesbury/Newburyport!

Love the color scheme. You got a great deal. Post pic's when she arrives.

Bob

Congrats Jamie. I grew up in Amesbury/Newburyport!

Love the color scheme. You got a great deal. Post pic's when she arrives.

Bob

Bob:

I skate over in Newburyport, great little town...

I'll be taking some shots of her coming off the truck and such too... talk soon.

Jamie

Bob:

I skate over in Newburyport, great little town...

I'll be taking some shots of her coming off the truck and such too... talk soon.

Jamie

Congratulations to both of you. I bought my '00 Silver Red frame last year and have not ridden a more enjoyable motorcycle. This forum is

a huge asset as you already know. 50 degrees here in NH today and went for the first ride since November, I love this bike!

Cheers and you made a great decision.

David

Congratulations to both of you. I bought my '00 Silver Red frame last year and have not ridden a more enjoyable motorcycle. This forum is

a huge asset as you already know. 50 degrees here in NH today and went for the first ride since November, I love this bike!

Cheers and you made a great decision.

David

David:

Yes, what a perfect day it was here in coastal NH! Drove my '63 Vespa around...I think my bike will be arriving Tuesday... pictures to come soon!

Jamie