Le Mans fairing conversion

KT57

I just purchased my first Moto Guzzi. A 2002 Scura with 3100 miles. I plan on doing some distance trips and have only ridden fully faired bikes, so I am looking for possible fairing options and wondered if the Le Mans fairing is an option or is it so costly that it wouldn't make sense. I love the Magni half fairing but am hoping to maintain a more up right position like the Scura currently has. I also have seen some other 1/4 fairings that seem to be larger than the Scuras'. Any one with experience or input would be appreciated.

I have ridden both my rosso mandello and a fully faired lemans back to back. I can tell you that while the lemans offers a little more wind protection, its not worth the trouble and expense for what you'll get. That little fairing on the Scura deflects a lot more air than you would think from looking at it. I usually say that if you want a touring type of motorcycle its best to buy one that was designed for it, like the Norge for example. There are a lot of people that wont agree with me, and will give you lots of advice on how best to set up the Scura for long distance riding.

Thanks for the info Richard. I figured that starting with a Le Mans would be a far cheaper route, but the low mileage, low price and uprated suspension made it easy to jump on this Scura. I found this fairing sold at MPH and was wondering if it is any bigger than the factory Scura fairing?

CarbFibFairing.jpg

I just purchased my first Moto Guzzi. A 2002 Scura with 3100 miles. I plan on doing some distance trips and have only ridden fully faired bikes, so I am looking for possible fairing options and wondered if the Le Mans fairing is an option or is it so costly that it wouldn't make sense.

Contact forum member tikkanen.

I believe he has done the V11 fairing conversion on his Scura :)

Contact forum member tikkanen.

I believe he has done the V11 fairing conversion on his Scura :)

Calling all stations: Yup, so I have and I can only recommend the standard Le Mans fairing. I stand 6"3' and the fairing gives me good wind protection. I've also fitted a double bubble windscreen from MRA but it creates turbulences around shoulders, neck and head. Will swap for the OEM windscreen if anyone is interested, please!

As for fitting the windscreen I had my garage fixing it (You know; ten thumbs placed in the palm of my hands). The fairing looks great on the Scura IMO as it is an OEM product. See pics of my faired Scura here: My link

Down the same alley I had the porkchops powdercoated in flat black to give a more stealthy look. I'm planning to have the bike painted next winter as I just want a new colour. Nothing carved in concrete yet but will probably go for a white/BRG theme. Any creative photoshoppers out there with good ideas?

BR

Søren

PS: Thanks for being alert, Orson :-)

Edited by tikkanen

Nothing carved in concrete yet but will probably go for a white/BRG theme. Any creative photoshoppers out there with good ideas?

BR

Søren

Søren,

It doesn't have a LeMans fairing and the green isn't BRG, but maybe this will help you pick a paint scheme?

Rickster-2.jpg

I don't know who the "The Rickster" is but I like his paint job. :lol:

Hi Tom,

not bad, not bad at all! Thanks a bunch! :-)

Søren

The fairing looks great on the Scura IMO as it is an OEM product. See pics of my faired Scura here: My link

I've seen Soren's bike, and thought it was a V11 until he told me he had made a fairing conversion on his Scura :)