Anyone running Dunlop Q2s?

jam

After usually using Dunlop Roadsmarts for sport-touring on my Rosso Corsa, I had a pair of Q2s put on. Have about 2000 miles on them, and am curious to see what anyone else thinks of them. I'm a very average rider, so my impressions aren't very sophisticated, but so far: I feel NO transitioning in the curves - they roll over from side-to-side completely effortlessly. In fact, it was a little unnerving at first, till I got the confidence in them that they would hold/stick, and not roll completely over!! The profile is rounder than the Roadsmarts, so I guess it's not really surprising, but still.... I really like them, tho i'm sure I won't get the mileage that I got on the Roadsmarts. In general, they just feel - well, unnoticeable, I would say - the bike just goes. Just wondered what anyone else's experience has been with them... Thanks, all.

Okay, today was the big testday of the Q2's.

Although this is a streettire I use them for trackdays. And to be honest, I've never had such a beautiful tire at the end of a trackday.

Place to be was the brandnew track at Mettet in Belgium. It's a rather small track but with all ingredients like very short turnbacks, very fast sweepers (a parabola), even a mini corkscrew.

I've been riding 2 hrs (6x20min.) and they still look like brandnew. They are instantly warm, I mean after 2 minutes you can really go full throttle. They gave me a lot of feedback and never showed any sign of malfunction. No remarkable wear and you can go lean, very lean. I read somewhere they have the capability of 52,3°! Of course, we don't have to manage 150hp with our Guzzi but I dare to say, forget about the SuperCorsa's or PowerRaces. This tire has got it all. I cannot add anything to the best reviews of this tire.

POSITIVE: pretty much all

NEGATIVE: none!

OK, JC - I am WAY out of my league talking tires with you, but in my VERY coarse way, my experience with the Q2s seems consistent with yours. I really appreciate you posting your impressions so far. I just finished a weekend roadtrip (some slab, but we tried to ride as many twisties and backroads as possible - Northern California coast was the locale) on the Corsa (the tires probably have 3500 miles on them by now), and they look amazingly fresh still, as you say. Wonder if once they start wearing, they'll go really quickly, or what... will be interesting to see. I'm going on a longer trip in 2 weekends, and of course, the question will be if there is enough left of them for the trip, or will i need to switch them out before I go. You know how that goes - you try to squeak by, and they go fast halfway thru the ride.....

Would love to hear any continuing impressions, as you put miles on them.

Love your moto (in your avatar...), btw.....

Thanks again!!! , clear

Okay, today was the big testday of the Q2's.

Although this is a streettire I use them for trackdays. And to be honest, I've never had such a beautiful tire at the end of a trackday.

Place to be was the brandnew track at Mettet in Belgium. It's a rather small track but with all ingredients like very short turnbacks, very fast sweepers (a parabola), even a mini corkscrew.

I've been riding 2 hrs (6x20min.) and they still look like brandnew. They are instantly warm, I mean after 2 minutes you can really go full throttle. They gave me a lot of feedback and never showed any sign of malfunction. No remarkable wear and you can go lean, very lean. I read somewhere they have the capability of 52,3°! Of course, we don't have to manage 150hp with our Guzzi but I dare to say, forget about the SuperCorsa's or PowerRaces. This tire has got it all. I cannot add anything to the best reviews of this tire.

POSITIVE: pretty much all

NEGATIVE: none!

Thanks for the review (both), kindly keep us informed as to the tyre lifespan and if the performance level stays high throughout. I have been bouncing back and forth between Bridgestone 021 and Michelin Pilot Road 2 for my last few sets of rubber and would welcome a third tyre choice. Getting 12-13000km out of a set (8000-8500miles), sport touring (twisties). :race:

Just put Q2's on my Scura over the weekend, and I'm really loving the improvement over the old Qualifiers. I think the stiffer sides provide support that makes the bike much more stable in curves, at low or high speed. Took the Scura up to an indicated 140 mph (top of the speedo) for just a second or two this morning just before dawn, and it was perfectly stable. It also had some left at 140, although I can't imagine it had much left. Never tried to push it that fast before-- never trusted it to hold steady, given no frame-mounted streamlining. Pretty amazing bike, especially with the Q2's.