Would like to plan Motorcycle tour of Scotland

df2

For Our Wedding anniversary my wife and I would like to go back to Scotland (where we spent our honeymoon).

I think it would be great to do it by motorcycle. Anyone know of a really good motorcycle tour company?

I'd love to hit some of the following areas, Corse (near river don and Aberdeen where my family came from)

Speyside, up through the Great Glen, hitting lots of Castles during the day and Pubs at night.

This would be in a year but planning is key. checked out some companies on the net, but you never know

without first hand accounts. Would have to be somewhere that has a good motorcycle for hire etc.

Heck it may not even have to be a tour. My wife and I had a blast getting lost daily in the rental car

during our 8 days we spent day traveling from Edinburgh, turning off the beaten path whenever something peeked

our interest. So if anyone knows a good place to hire a touring bike...etc.

Thanks for your help.

David

• 3 months later...

Planning for the Guzzi Club GB Scottish Rally is underway and is likely to take place from April 29th to 2 May 2011 at Cromarty. Last years website is being updated to reflect the next one. It may be a way to join in on some rather nice runs in good company.

As to hire: Mel Robinson used to do Guzzis but I fear not any more. A pal from Oz rented a Kawa tourer (new 1400 thingie) in June from Perth (UK!) and I could find out about that if you want.

mf

• 1 month later...

Planning for the Guzzi Club GB Scottish Rally is underway and is likely to take place from April 29th to 2 May 2011 at Cromarty. Last years website is being updated to reflect the next one. It may be a way to join in on some rather nice runs in good company.

As to hire: Mel Robinson used to do Guzzis but I fear not any more. A pal from Oz rented a Kawa tourer (new 1400 thingie) in June from Perth (UK!) and I could find out about that if you want.

mf

I know the guys in Perth well, they hire an assortment of bikes if you PM me I can give you details. Personally I'd go it alone, you don't need a tour company, I organised a route for a group of Belgian friends last year and they thoroughly enjoyed it. Plenty to see suggest May or June for the least chance of rain (but its a gamble) As Mad Farquer says the Rally in Cromarty would be a bonus for you but as long as its not as fecking cold as it was last year!