Handlebar revelation

c20500

I finally bit the bullet and bought a ballabio handle bar kit for my 04 naked and I can't believe the difference in practicality!

Instead of wanting off at around 80 miles of distance with the clipon's, I think I can run the tank dry twice with the handlebar set up! I didn't have the stock bar for it so I used a lsl superbike bar and drilled the proper holes for the control locations. Also, I was trying to drill and tap the ends of the bars to accept the stock clipon barend weights but I realized that it was much more practical to just get rid of the end nut, shave the rubber insulator down with a razor blade and shove it it with a tight interference fit. ( it won't go anywhere ) I even used the stock clutch line by bending it at a 90 degree angle, even though I have the longer one with the kit.

It really transforms the bike!

Charles

bars.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I finally bit the bullet and bought a ballabio handle bar kit for my 04 naked and I can't believe the difference in practicality!

Instead of wanting off at around 80 miles of distance with the clipon's, I think I can run the tank dry twice with the handlebar set up! I didn't have the stock bar for it so I used a lsl superbike bar and drilled the proper holes for the control locations. Also, I was trying to drill and tap the ends of the bars to accept the stock clipon barend weights but I realized that it was much more practical to just get rid of the end nut, shave the rubber insulator down with a razor blade and shove it it with a tight interference fit. ( it won't go anywhere ) I even used the stock clutch line by bending it at a 90 degree angle, even though I have the longer one with the kit.

It really transforms the bike!

Charles

How does this setup work? I guess you had to drill holes for the Ballabio bar set up?

Just bought an 04 V11 sport and was looking into some different options for raising the bars/clip ons. I'm sure this has been discussed plenty around here, but I'm new. Will have to do some searching.

PS your avatar is driving me nuts :)