Manic Salamander

Trippy

what kind of F'd up bars did they put on your bike? I've seen two types single piece hollow OEM bars and even 2 piece things which mine had, but with how far in the weights went it had plenty of room for the manics, I wonder where they found your bars, are you the original owner? Maybe the Original owner tried that fill in the bars to deaden the vibes method which doesn't work as well as just weights on the end.

Yeah I reckon I have two odd ones. they look the same but the left hand one is a two peice as you call it and I think the right hand is solid apart from the last 30mm. f*ck it im just going to leave it as it is and maybe put clamps and renthals on one day.

Thanks for the help though.

jim

you could just try to buy a stock replacement thats not solid, shouldn't be too hard to find one, much cheaper, trust me you want the bar ends its like night and day.

True and now I know what their meant to be like it should be easier. I thought there was something not quite right as when I first looked at the bar end weight in the right hand side it is the same as the long one fitted in the left but it has been snapped off short as the bar is solid from 30mm in. it never looked like it should be like that. I have contacted a guy in the uk that is breaking a V11 and he is getting back to me. Guzzi dealer doesnt sell the tubes seperatly, you have to buy the clapms and the weights as well and they are over £120 per side

• 2 weeks later...

An update on my Salamander bolt-on set of the throttle lock:

Longest rides so far only about an hour. I am not very impressed, they have maby moved the vibes to higher revs. So from about 4000 rpm my hand still try to fall asleep.

And I also like looks of the original slimmer weights better!

More serious, the lock will not lock properly. I`m waiting for Manic Salamander to reply on my email. Hope it is a faulty part that will be raplaced.

Edit:

A fix(shims!) is now in the mail I`m told. One or two shims installed under the internal spring inside the lock will make the lock push harder on the grip. One or two weeks and I will know.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I decided to make make my own bar weights and went to the little engineering shop in the next village.

£40 and a day later I had these, mild steel but I have painted them, 1lb 3oz each and a totally transformed bike :)

005-1.jpg

001-2.jpg

An update on my Salamander bolt-on set of the throttle lock:

Longest rides so far only about an hour. I am not very impressed, they have maby moved the vibes to higher revs. So from about 4000 rpm my hand still try to fall asleep.

And I also like looks of the original slimmer weights better!

More serious, the lock will not lock properly. I`m waiting for Manic Salamander to reply on my email. Hope it is a faulty part that will be raplaced.

Edit:

A fix(shims!) is now in the mail I`m told. One or two shims installed under the internal spring inside the lock will make the lock push harder on the grip. One or two weeks and I will know.

The shims did fix it! The lock is now working fine. Just need to paint them black now, to go with the golden bars.

Not 100% sure if I`m satisfied with the vibes or not. But the lock is nice when I want to move my right hand, to get the blood circulating.