Experience with FBF exhaust?

grumpybiker

I am trying to decide which cans I want for my LeMans. A friend has some Mistral Ti cans and they are nice. I was wondering if anyone is running the Fast By Ferracci carbon cans and what is the quality, performance, and sound like?

I am trying to decide which cans I want for my LeMans. A friend has some Mistral Ti cans and they are nice. I was wondering if anyone is running the Fast By Ferracci carbon cans and what is the quality, performance, and sound like?

They are top quality crap, I really like them, have had them on my Guzzi for 4 years? with no fading even, the sound is deeper than the MG TI kit and well made virtually same quality as mistral but at the time was like $400 cheaper for me to get no idea how the prices are now, also look into their stucci x-over clone, well worth it.

DSC_3960.jpg

DSC_3958.jpg

I have had the FBF oval slip ons and Xover when I bought mine almost 4 years ago. They are holding up great so far, I do rub them down with some Macguires every now and again to keep them looking good. "The Sound", It's one of the things many people mention to me, and that I love about this bike. It's a little loud, but only because it's also so deep, I call it the "Moto Guzzi Basso Profundo". And my two best friends, who are both into bikes, and cars, say I sound like a ripping small block when I come down the street in the range I ride in, the 5000-6000 rpm. That is the sound I call "Roarty". When I need a new set, I'd buy these again no problem...

mindoro_cut the shotlm.JPG

They are top quality crap, I really like them, have had them on my Guzzi for 4 years? with no fading even, the sound is deeper than the MG TI kit and well made virtually same quality as mistral but at the time was like $400 cheaper for me to get no idea how the prices are now, also look into their stucci x-over clone, well worth it.

I have Mistrals on mine put on by PO, they look exactly like yours except they came with a dirty aluminium label riveted on "For off road use only". needless to say I got rid of those and they are a little scratched where they came in contact with the road a couple of times but I love the sound.

I like the look of your intake filters without the side covers, what are they?

Blaine.jpg

K&N pod filters, mount right up easy, there are several threads about it on the forum as I don't remember the exact part number, my side covers were starting to get cracks in them anyway as that area seems to get a lot of vibes and they're held on with like 2 screws? anyway I like the open exposed shock look.

I also have the FBF's, and love them. They've been on the bike since new, and have held up well. Even the carbon fiber has held up with occasional cleaning to keep off the fade. And of course, they sound great. Still kinda want a quat-d box, though...

I have the fbf's as well. The clear coat on the carbon looks to be a foot deep and they probably will never fade because of that. Its a straight through open pipe design and it will make your bike sound like a v-8 musclecar from the 60's. If thats what you're looking for, the fbf's are the real deal. Oh and they weigh exactly half as much as the stock cans.

I have the fbf's as well. The clear coat on the carbon looks to be a foot deep and they probably will never fade because of that. Its a straight through open pipe design and it will make your bike sound like a v-8 musclecar from the 60's. If thats what you're looking for, the fbf's are the real deal. Oh and they weigh exactly half as much as the stock cans.

thats exactly how I describe them to ppl, like a muscle car V8, I went on a ride with a bunch of harleys and you couldn't even hear my goose so keep that in mind, they're not LOUD LOUD, just a nice loud.