INJECTORS

Kiwi_Roy

I too agree it's probably too lean. Other than that, I have found using Raceco specs (0.20/0.25 mm) for valve lash will help idling and prevent low rev sneezes a lot too. My bike runs like an electric train and idle is rock steady. I can almost do without the fast idle lever when cold. BTW the fuel map I sent you has a much too lean idle cell, I've richened it a LOT since. The rest of my map is unchanged. My sensor gave up so I'm running open loop.

I adjusted the valves as you suggested, the difference is like night and day. I went on a long ride today and hardly had any sneeze problems, I will try the mixture next, hopefully that will cure the rest.

I set the valves as per manual 0.1, 0.15 about the same time I switched to MyECU, so it got more than it's fair share of the blame :huh2:

What's your theory behind this cure?

What's your theory behind this cure?

An engine designed in the 60's using technology from the 40's is allergic to noise regulations from the new millenium? :cheese:

It's like using a less aggresive cam. The valve overlap is reduced and duration is decreased a tad. This also results in higher compression. I suppose you loose some in the top end and gain some in midrange and idle.

Hi

I bought my v11 in south Germany this may and rode it back to Norway. I did not notice any of the sneeze when start riding from Stuttgart( maby because of "new to me" bike riding 800km in very very heavy rain all day for two days, just wanting to get to the ferry in Kiel to warm up. Not a fun ride at all! ), but I did notice when in Norway. Could change in climate and/or perhaps different additives in fuel have anything to say?

Anyway. I adjusted the valves too, from 0.10/0.15 to 0.20/0.25 and it raised idling a bit(think I want it a bit higher still) and almost removed sneezes comletely. Sneeze is not a problem now. My sparks now get a dark/black colour, not the light brown. Is that ok?

I will use a Moto Guzzi garage to do the rest. What should I ask them to do next? Or, could I just raise the idling myself first, without any balancing first? If yes, how to do? Thanks.

Hi

I bought my v11 in south Germany this may and rode it back to Norway. I did not notice any of the sneeze when start riding from Stuttgart( maby because of "new to me" bike riding 800km in very very heavy rain all day for two days, just wanting to get to the ferry in Kiel to warm up. Not a fun ride at all! ), but I did notice when in Norway. Could change in climate and/or perhaps different additives in fuel have anything to say?

Anyway. I adjusted the valves too, from 0.10/0.15 to 0.20/0.25 and it raised idling a bit(think I want it a bit higher still) and almost removed sneezes comletely. Sneeze is not a problem now. My sparks now get a dark/black colour, not the light brown. Is that ok?

I will use a Moto Guzzi garage to do the rest. What should I ask them to do next? Or, could I just raise the idling myself first, without any balancing first? If yes, how to do? Thanks.

It's very easy to raise the idle, see the tread on TPS setting under the FAQ forum. If you can do your valves, you can do this.

Balancing is a bit trickier but the FAQ tells you how, heres a picture of the tool I made.

Use engine oil, if it accidentally gets sucked in no harm done.

I made the connection to throttle body with 2 x 6 mm grease nipples, grind the back a little to remove the spring and ball.

Make the final connection to the nipple with rubber hose, plastic gets soft and falls off when hot.

Don't expect to get the two columns closer than about 150 mm from idle to 3000 revs.

Have fun

Roy

Tuning Tool small.jpg

Hi

It's very easy to raise the idle, see the tread on TPS setting under the FAQ forum. If you can do your valves, you can do this.

Balancing is a bit trickier but the FAQ tells you how, heres a picture of the tool I made.

Use engine oil, if it accidentally gets sucked in no harm done.

I made the connection to throttle body with 2 x 6 mm grease nipples, grind the back a little to remove the spring and ball.

Make the final connection to the nipple with rubber hose, plastic gets soft and falls off when hot.

Don't expect to get the two columns closer than about 150 mm from idle to 3000 revs.

Have fun

Roy

I bought and brought the Rosso Mandello from Germany, too. The first year under yours truly it used to sneeze quite offten, to the extent that it spat out either of the TB:s. After readjusting the valves to 0.2 both intake and exhaust, there's been no backfire or sneeze. Readjusting the TPS can have had some influence, too while it had been adjusted to 420 mV, all rods etc. disconnected! No wonder the plugs where coal black.