Saddle needed for 2002 V11 LeMans

beckman48

I am looking for a saddle for my 2002 V11 LeMans to send off to be reshaped and reupholstered. Do you have one? I am in Illinois.

Does the V11 Sport Saddle fit the LeMans?

Does Corbins V1100 Sport saddle fit a 2002 V11 LeMans - have you bought one and did it fit? Corbin cannot seem to answer that question.

I am looking for a saddle for my 2002 V11 LeMans to send off to be reshaped and reupholstered. Do you have one? I am in Illinois.

Does the V11 Sport Saddle fit the LeMans?

Does Corbins V1100 Sport saddle fit a 2002 V11 LeMans - have you bought one and did it fit? Corbin cannot seem to answer that question.

IIRC, the seat is marginally shorter for the short frame models vs. the later long frame ones. Too bad Greg Field is gone, I'm sure he could correct me w/o a 2nd thought if I'm mistaken.

So, if you're talking a later long frame V11 Sport, yes, its the same seat as the V11 LeMans.

Corbins V1100 Sport saddle doesn't fit anything, even the model they claim it does! Only buy a Corbin seat if you can ride into their factory in Hollister and have them build it on your stock seat pan - ride test, fit, ride, fit, repeat - or you will be sorry: Corbin has some of the worst customer satisfaction ratings for their mail order seats of any business that hasn't already gone bankrupt [which they have, but only because of their ill-advised electric vehicle debacle...]

Rich Maund is the guy you want. Do a search in the forum, or over in WG. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the input. I had come to the same conclusion about Corbin; they don't seem to know what their saddle fits, even though I found a guy who took a bike like mine and had them make a saddle. As an organization they don't know they already made what I need. Sad since they made a very good saddle for my KLR, but KLR's had barely changed for years.

I found an eBay saddle with the same part number as mine and bought it.

I already have been emailing with Rich Maunds to gather information.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the input. I had come to the same conclusion about Corbin; they don't seem to know what their saddle fits, even though I found a guy who took a bike like mine and had them make a saddle. As an organization they don't know they already made what I need. Sad since they made a very good saddle for my KLR, but KLR's had barely changed for years.

I found an eBay saddle with the same part number as mine and bought it.

I already have been emailing with Rich Maunds to gather information.

Have you been able to get in touch with Rich? I thought he had retired. I highly recommend his work.