Rev limiter off ?

jihem

Hi all,

I was taking the Ghezzi (V11 engine with 1100 Sport gearbox) to the track in the summer and I saw the revs going up above 9000 rpm a couple of times.

Is it possible that the rev limiter doesn't kick in no more ?

Has this got to do with how the Dyno III is branched in and tuned ?

ciao,

jihem

A PCIII can't possibly change your rev limiter, but a custom chip or map in the ECU can. I'm fairly sure your rev limiter can't just "stop kicking in", it must have been altered. Are you sure you have run into it earlier, at lower revs?

Yes, I'm positive i have never run into the limiter on the Supertwin.

I'm running G&B racing ECU, that might be why ?

The rev limiter is a software setpoint in the ECU so if you are running a racing ECU it stands to reason it may be set much higher than normal (~8100 for MyECU)

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

Well, accidently hitting above 9000 rpms on the track has damaged my engine (conrods and such) and I need now to re-introduce a rev limiter point.

I plan to have that done thru a dyno-test which will be a first for the guy operating it as people usually ask him to open the curve when i want it to be closed :)

What rpm should he set that ceiling at ? I was going thru the dyno sheets on V11lemans and there are many different curves. Some read that anything above 7500 rpms is wasted, others seem to point out that 8000, 8200 rpms if not 8500 should be the above limit.

So, what should it be ? (engine is a 2002 V11 donor, ECU is G&B racing, cam is a RS Scola, and I want to preserve the engine, and my wallet, above "performances".)