Sporti flies again!

kecup

Hi, attaching some pictures of my 1997 1100 Sporti. Picked the bike in summer of 2008 in Santa Barbara, CA - neglected and stock, short of Termignoni exhaust and sheep skin seat pad:) Rode it like my Duc for some time, crashed it twice, and finally decided it deserves a makeover. Below is a list of things done to it: new front rotors; Power commander; custom paint job with original MG vinyl stickers; powdercoating on wheels, tripple trees, valve covers; forks rebuild with tube anodizing (sorry these are no Ohlins); Rizoma grips; front blinkers integrated into the handlebars; rear blinkers integrated into the rear lamp which is now LED; Moto Spezial speedo/tacho (both sides blinker LED works with the help of bridge rectifier, fuel gauge is LED with the original bulb serving as an additional resistor); velocity stacks with K&N filters; QD exhaust; Beringer brake master cylinder + clutch perch; top end rebuild (at MG Classics); drive box rebuild (at Zydeco racing); Agostini shaft torgue arm; carbon fiber mirrors; seat recovered in leather; aluminum pegs, brake and shift levers; many other things were polished, chromed, most of the engine and frame bolts replaced for stainless..........

It might not be the best looking Sporti but surely one of the most expensive:) I value most the great practice this gave me, have very little mechanical background and a parking lot instead of a garage.

Pavel

2-c.jpg

3-c.jpg

4-c.jpg

6-c.JPG

9-c.JPG

7-c.JPG

The Quat-D looks really nice on a Sporti. Was it just plug'n'play or did you have to modify anything?

had to remove both the ground facing frame pieces that hold the exhaust normally, drill the hole through the transversal tube for the mount that holds the box, cut the existing QD mounting bracket in half, and put it all together. Not too complicated.

Damn, I thought I had stopped buying stuff for my bike... I really feel like getting a Quat-D now. Very nice pics, especially the third in your first post. It reminds me of this pic of my bike with no exhausts:

DSC01007vga.JPG

Ever since I took this and realised how good it looks compared to when exhausts are mounted, I've had thoughts about making an MGS01-like exhaust, or getting a Quat-D.

Ever since I took this and realised how good it looks compared to when exhausts are mounted, I've had thoughts about making an MGS01-like exhaust, or getting a Quat-D.

I agree, thought removing the original canisters would make the bike look lighter (rear piece fairing looks bulky enough:) and more aggressive. But it was hard to get it, since Quat apparently stopped making them for V11 Guzzis. Took some 12 weeks to get the exhaust from Italy.

Guzzi-5.JPG