V11 Le Mans wind noise

Splicer

Yesterday I did the first longer-than-around-town ride on my Nero Corsa—wasn't that long, just 110 miles but it was a weekday and I've only owned the bike since Saturday. I'm trying to get accustomed to it because I'm used to riding the Stone, which needless to say is a very different ride.

What I've discovered is that the fairing/windscreen of the Nero Corsa causes tremendous wind noise in my helmet. On the Stone I found the X-Eleven to be quieter than the RF-1000, but a little late night freeway testing showed that on the Nero Corsa the RF-1000 is much less noisy than the X-Eleven, at least where my head usually is.

I'm wondering what others have done to combat wind noise and whether others have found the V11 Le Mans windscreen/fairing to generate more noise than is generated on a naked bike.

Folks on BARF have suggested I remove, replace, or cut down the windscreen on the Nero Corsa. I'm concerned that doing so without removing the fairing entirely would adversely affect the stability of the bike or at least the structural integrity of the fairing.

Unfortunately my RF-1000 was retired due to a crash. It's suitable for testing but shouldn't be restored to active duty.

I have an 1100 Sport and I have the exact same problem. The fairing dumps all wind right at the visor. I tried a lower screen and it was better but not quite enough. I've considered buying a Schubert C3 because it is supposed to be a very quiet helmet, but then I heared they are worse than other helmets in this particular situation. So now I'm in about the same situation as you - not quite sure what to do. I played with the idea of removing the fairing completely but friends who've had naked bikes tell me I will regret it as I'm a long distance rider.

Any ride longer than one hour I'm using ear plugs. It's a relief putting them in (as I normally start without them) and it's a relief taking them out after last fuel stop as they are kind of boring. I read a review of Schuberth C2 a couple years ago and they almost gave it minus points for being too quiet(!) as they thought it bordered to a safety issue. That was what made me consider them, hoping to get rid of the plugs.

Any ride longer than one hour I'm using ear plugs. It's a relief putting them in (as I normally start without them) and it's a relief taking them out after last fuel stop as they are kind of boring. I read a review of Schuberth C2 a couple years ago and they almost gave it minus points for being too quiet(!) as they thought it bordered to a safety issue. That was what made me consider them, hoping to get rid of the plugs.

Hi,

I've got a schuberth J1 and a C3 and to be perfectly honest I've not noticed a significant reduction in wind noise over my standard guzzi agv or momo helmets.

As for wind noise on my V11, it just depends on what I've been eating recently!!

Andy.

Ear plugs?

Defnitley... wont ride with out em.

I'm wondering what others have done to combat wind noise and whether others have found the V11 Le Mans windscreen/fairing to generate more noise than is generated on a naked bike.

Yip the V11 LM is a noisie bastard of a fariing HOWEVER, it does its job well and you will note this after a stone, the fairing does take the pressure of the body.

I have a after market blade made in Aussie it has a wind lip on it and is even noiser than the OEM blade, BUT works even better.

close upxx.jpg

old n newxx.jpg