lowering a Spine Frame

Karl Von

Hello All

I have a 98 centauro up for sale and the buyer wants to have it lowered as they are vertically challenged. Has anyone ever lowered the rear of a spine frame ? Would you need a shorter shock ? I have seen lowering links for Ducati's but nothing for a guzzi sport model.

Thanks

I'm just guessing here- but maybe a shorter shock and drop the front forks in the trees?

That worked for all the Tonti frames....

Hello All

I have a 98 centauro up for sale and the buyer wants to have it lowered as they are vertically challenged. Has anyone ever lowered the rear of a spine frame ? Would you need a shorter shock ? I have seen lowering links for Ducati's but nothing for a guzzi sport model.

Thanks

Would you need a shorter shock ? I have seen lowering links for Ducati's but nothing for a guzzi sport model.

You haven't seen lowering links for a Guzzi because the spineys don't have shock links: they're direct connect swingarm to shock... So, shorter shock is the only option for actually lowering the bike. However, that may not be the only option: there's also lowering the rider [seat reconstruction], raising the rider [platform riding boots] & learning to live with it [which may not be possible if there is a serious ht. disparity...]