High idle issue

Pandamonium

Need some help,

Started the V11 up yesterday, all grand, rolled off the choke, then the idle went up to 2-2.5k rpm.

Picked bike up right and the idle speed went up to 3K rpm.

Checked choke, it opened and closed, gave it a rev and the throttle shut fine.

Anyone any ideas?

The rubbers between the cylinder heads and throttle bodies looked like they had seen better days, ordered news ones, but taped them up incase air was getting in there, still high idle.

Thanks

Mark

Make sure the sych/balance rod is clear.

I had the frightening experience of the throttle jamming open the first time I took my V11 out. The rear shock remote reservoir had been mounted too far forward, the white plastic knob on the balance rod under the left throttle body caught around the reservoir pipe. Luckily it was on an open road, I thought clutch... the revs soared, front brake... I realised I would probably lock the front wheel, by now we were doing over the ton....at last I thought KILL SWITCH! This was the first time I have ever used one in anger, or fear. I remember thinking how angry my wife would be if I hurt myself. Turns out the last owner had starter relay problems and had run an emergency wire from the start motor which was left coiled up under the seat, presumably to flash to the battery to start, and had removed the reservoir for access then mounted the reservoir wrong.

Thanks for the replies.

68c, that does not sound like fun at all.

It turned out to be an easy fix, the throttle cable had been pulled towards the front of the bike, putting tension on the cable, when I pushed it back down all was grand.

Cheers

Mark