What Was I Thinking....Refound Guzzi fan!

RoyB

This past weekend my BMW motorcycle club hosted it's 16th annual "Damn Yankees" rally. I've always been a multi brand kind of guy and I've owned a California Jackal (which I sold in 2005) and currently have a V11 Rosso Mandello with 2000 miles on it. It was simply a piece of art in my office for years. I own three other motorcycles (Honda VFR, Suzuki V-Strom, BMW K1200R Sport)

Anyways, a few years ago we asked the local Guzzi Guys to join us at the Rally and this year there were nearly 70 MGs in attendance. Nearly as many MGs as there were BMWs.

So I got the RM on the road, registered, insured and inspected. I took it to the rally and had a freak'n blast riding around the mountain roads in Western Massachusetts. I had forgotten what a fantastic motor the V-11 has. Great fun to simply trash it in the twisties. Put it in third and ride! The torque will be your friend!

Since the value on this bike is in the toilet, I'm forgetting about any type of collector value and I'm going to ride the balls off it for the rest of the summer.......

Now I just need to figure out how to adjust the clutch as it comes full on withing 1/16" of the lever movement............and the lights, tack and neutral light keep cutting out even though I replaced all the relays with BOCH relays......

The roads around Heath are pretty darn nice. Glad you had a good time. We (my family) went last year, met the nicest folks and had a blast.

Was the bagpiper there at o-dark-thirty?

The roads around Heath are pretty darn nice. Glad you had a good time. We (my family) went last year, met the nicest folks and had a blast.

Was the bagpiper there at o-dark-thirty?

No, NO DAMN BAGPIPER!... :-) .........Just nice coffee and conversation at dawn for those of us that are early risers....

I was there again this year too. I don't think I met you Roy but I saw your RM. Once again I had a GREAT time. Huge thanks to Tom Halchuk, Tim F, Sean R, Doug & Jacqui, and the rest of the Guzzi Massholes who make this happen. Thanks to the beemer crew too!

You can add me to the list of folks who didn't miss that bagpiper.

I rode over to Jim Hollerich's Trail Bike Museum in Cheshire on Saturday. It was fantastic! If you like old dirt bikes it's definitely worth the visit. I helped Jim move an old Bultaco Matador that he just restored out of his basement and up to the barn/Museum. It was a great day.

IMG00203-20110806-1225.jpg

I was there again this year too. I don't think I met you Roy but I saw your RM. Once again I had a GREAT time. Huge thanks to Tom Halchuk, Tim F, Sean R, Doug & Jacqui, and the rest of the Guzzi Massholes who make this happen. Thanks to the beemer crew too!

You can add me to the list of folks who didn't miss that bagpiper.

I rode over to Jim Hollerich's Trail Bike Museum in Cheshire on Saturday. It was fantastic! If you like old dirt bikes it's definitely worth the visit. I helped Jim move an old Bultaco Matador that he just restored out of his basement and up to the barn/Museum. It was a great day.

IMG00203-20110806-1225.jpg

If you were there, I bet we met. I was running the Kitchen and did most of the cooking. I cooked on Friday morning and made over 500 pancakes on Saturday morning. And I rode my Honda CT90 to an almost victory in the slow race and I piloted the CT90 to another almost victory in the balloon toss (with Carl on the back)! Great fun!

6019044126_0890c605fe_z.jpg

Those are great pictures- I'm glad you went again, Tom. We had a wonderful time at the last Heath Rally, bagpiper notwithstanding, and I hope to ride with you again.

Frankly, I thought the bagpiper was pretty amusing in retrospect. Of course, with a young kid, I'm conditioned to get up at unreasonable hours even after some wine. These times won't last....

I saw some pictures on the Yahoo groups site as well. Tom Halchuk and many I recognized, but not by name. Ya'll were wearing...what's the word...."jackets"?? It's been 100 F during the day here and only cooling off to 80 or so at night. I only managed one camping trip this summer. It's been brutally hot. Jeez, I hope this breaks soon.

Good on all of you who went. Come on down during spring-when it's nice here in STL.

Jason

Those are great pictures- I'm glad you went again, Tom. We had a wonderful time at the last Heath Rally, bagpiper notwithstanding, and I hope to ride with you again.

Frankly, I thought the bagpiper was pretty amusing in retrospect. Of course, with a young kid, I'm conditioned to get up at unreasonable hours even after some wine. These times won't last....

I saw some pictures on the Yahoo groups site as well. Tom Halchuk and many I recognized, but not by name. Ya'll were wearing...what's the word...."jackets"?? It's been 100 F during the day here and only cooling off to 80 or so at night. I only managed one camping trip this summer. It's been brutally hot. Jeez, I hope this breaks soon.

Good on all of you who went. Come on down during spring-when it's nice here in STL.

Jason

We missed you and your family this year Jason but since you're a thousand miles away I guess you have a good excuse. My only beef with the bagpiper was that that he started right next to my tent at the crack of dawn. I chose a new camping spot this year ;) .

It's been a hot summer here too, similar to when you were here last year which is mild compared to STL, but it wasn't bad over the weekend. The jackets came out when the rain showed up. It's all good!