Another Tyre Forum

RossoBob

I am now worse off than when I first started looking at the Tyre Forums. I am a new member, and need replacements for a 2003 V11. I had been looking at the Brigstone BT23's as it has a good 3 compound mix,and good life. I am more concerned for grip VS life, however I have been told the Brigstones do not like the heat well & the Pirelli Diablo's have the same problem - Summer rides in my place are typically 38-40 deg C, so the Roads get hot and they can be rough. There are comments about the Pirelli Angels, however I haven't ever used them or know anyone who has on a similar bike. I was told to avoid the Michelin Pilot Road 3 & however I can't see why? Any suggestions will be appreciated - Cheers

Difficult to go wrong with a major tyre manufacture with a proven history. They are all good if not great. Hot temperature and rough roads chew up all rubber. Mileage depends on tyre pressure and the speed at which you travel. I think we all have had success with the tyres you mentioned it just comes to personal opinion after that. As long as the rubber you buy hasn't sat about for an extended period of time it'll work as intended. Nothin like new skins on yer ride! Have fun :thumbsup:

I have Diablos on my V11 now and they have been great. Before that I had Diablo Stradas and liked them as well. Early this year I installed Angels on my Tuono. They are also very good tires, great feel and terrific wet traction. Perfect for all around use. I would not hesitate to put Angels on the V11 for the next set.

The only negative thing I've read about Pilot 3s is there is a spongy feel on initial turn in. Maybe it is due to all the sipes on the front tire. Reportedly it gets better with wear but maybe the rider is just getting used to it.

Go for the Angles.

:2c:

I am now worse off than when I first started looking at the Tyre Forums. I am a new member, and need replacements for a 2003 V11. I had been looking at the Brigstone BT23's as it has a good 3 compound mix,and good life. I am more concerned for grip VS life, however I have been told the Brigstones do not like the heat well & the Pirelli Diablo's have the same problem - Summer rides in my place are typically 38-40 deg C, so the Roads get hot and they can be rough. There are comments about the Pirelli Angels, however I haven't ever used them or know anyone who has on a similar bike. I was told to avoid the Michelin Pilot Road 3 & however I can't see why? Any suggestions will be appreciated - Cheers

Stop trying to shoe front & rear w/ the same model of tire? Back when the BT020 was the standard fitment, everyone swapped out the front for a BT010 ASAP: front needs grip, rear needs wear.

Good luck, & ride on!

:bike: