Can my rev limiter be adjusted

Orange Guzzi

I was blaming one problem on another apparently. The replacement tachometer cured the intial problem.

I would suspect that your faulty tachometer was misreading RPM's - not controlling them. There is nothing in the tachometer that can send a signal to the ECU to change rev limits unless your bike has a singularly unique system that no one is aware of at this time. If so - I hope you kept the original tach - Marelli may want to pay big money for the chance to examine it's systems!!

• 3 weeks later...

I was blaming one problem on another apparently. The replacement tachometer cured the intial problem.

I would suspect that your faulty tachometer was misreading RPM's - not controlling them. There is nothing in the tachometer that can send a signal to the ECU to change rev limits unless your bike has a singularly unique system that no one is aware of at this time. If so - I hope you kept the original tach - Marelli may want to pay big money for the chance to examine it's systems!!

I think it was causing the coil to short out since the tach is connected directly to it. Not a problem with the ignition. The bike ran much better after a tach replacement.