Kit Racing ECU

Stormtruck2

My 04 Ballabio has a Kit Racing Moto Guzzi ECU in it. I cannot find any information on the ECU or where I can get it tuned, or even if it is tunable. Anyone have any information on it? She runs like a raped ape, but still would like to have it dyno tuned if that is even possible.

My bad. I thought it was Fox but actually it is Kit Racing.

I know Fox Racing does suspension and clothing, never heard of them doing any electronics. Do you have any pictures of it?

I tried to get a photo to upload but no luck. It is a Kit racing ECU, not a Fox. It says Kit and Moto Guzzi on it.

It sounds like it might be the factory "Racing" ECU the comes with the Ti exhaust kit. If so it's the same as the stock WM15 ECU except it has different fuel and ignition mapping and possibly a slightly higher rev limit. The only shop that I know of that can remap it in the USA is Guzzitech. If you add a Powercommander there are lots of shops that can create custom maps. If you buy a PC from Guzzitech they will usually load a proven map for your model year and mods.

It sounds like it might be the factory "Racing" ECU the comes with the Ti exhaust kit. If so it's the same as the stock WM15 ECU except it has different fuel and ignition mapping and possibly a slightly higher rev limit. The only shop that I know of that can remap it in the USA is Guzzitech. If you add a Powercommander there are lots of shops that can create custom maps. If you buy a PC from Guzzitech they will usually load a proven map for your model year and mods.

Thanks for the reply. I have the Mistral CF Oval exhaust on it right now. I am considering the PC for it. Even thinking about the Guzzitech ECU, PC III and fuel system from Todd. Will be putting pods on real soon here. I have a PC Dyna Tune shop 25 miles from here. It is a Harley shop, but supposed to have an excellent Dyno guy. About $200 for a full tune I think. I have three bikes already with PC in them. Soon to be two more so I'll ask for a volume discount.:grin:;)

If I'm not mistaken the Guzzitech ECU is a reflashed stock unit. If you go with that you don't need a PC. If you buy a PC you shouldn't need the reflashed ECU. If you have a good tuner nearby it seems like adding a PC to your current setup will be the easiest and least costly way to go. Todd will sell you a PC with a map for your bike already loaded then you can bring it to your local guy for further mods if needed.