Starter / Kill Switch

treljumper

I am having trouble with my kill switch, "I Think".......I have been having trouble lately with the kill switch sticking. When I do get it unstuck with the starter already on \, i only hear the clicks but no fuel pump priming. If I play with it a little it seems to work periodically but not very consistent. When I took to the local shop they said it was just overtightened and they loosened it which seemed to fix the problem for about two days. now the same problem is happening again where the fuel pump wont prime, just clicking....am I focused on the right problem or is the kill switch not the actual problem...Thanx

If you are talking about the killswitch on your handlebar leave it in the run position all the time as it isnt part of the starting/stopping procedure and use the key to start and stop the bike. If that doesnt clear the problem it could just be a loose/faulty relay, so take off the seat and check they are all fully home. From the back of the bike the relay order is ( i think) injection, ecu, neutral/ clutch!! , lights and the last one is starter ( nearest the tank).

Good luck :luigi:

Gary

If you are talking about the killswitch on your handlebar leave it in the run position all the time as it isnt part of the starting/stopping procedure and use the key to start and stop the bike. If that doesnt clear the problem it could just be a loose/faulty relay, so take off the seat and check they are all fully home. From the back of the bike the relay order is ( i think) injection, ecu, neutral/ clutch!! , lights and the last one is starter ( nearest the tank).

Gary

thanx buddy. I guess i was always of the mindset to disengage the kill switch everytime i start the bike and engage upon every stop before turning the key. Hope this works

Gary

I agree with this, every time I use the kill switch I wonder why the bike won't start :oldgit:

There are a few other things that it could be as well, I sent you a PM