V11 MG Racing Exhausts

Dimitris

Hi and greetings from Thessaloniki, Greece,

I have decided to use my V11 Le Mans Rosso Corsa as a sport tourer, meaning I will travel with a pillion for long distances. My V11 is equiped with the Moto Guzzi Racing Exhausts (together with the analogous ECU). The fact is that these mufflers are mounted higher than the standard v11 mufflers, using slightly different brackets.

Does anyone know if I can use the standard brackets with the Moto Guzzi Racing mufflers? Cause if it is suitable then the mufflers will be in a lower position and I will be able to fit panniers!

Thank you in advance

Dimitris

Hello Dimitris,

Yes you can use the standard passenger footpeg mounts with the MG race exhaust.

That's good news!! So I have to look for a complete hard bag set. Since I don't like the genuine MG soft bags, is there any company that offers lateral hard bags, a top box and the mounting units complete as a set?

Hello Dimitris,

Yes you can use the standard passenger footpeg mounts with the MG race exhaust.

That's good news!! So I have to look for a complete hard bag set. Since I don't like the genuine MG soft bags, is there any company that offers lateral hard bags, a top box and the mounting units complete as a set?

Hi

I use Hepco and Becker 30 litre hard cases on an Hepco and Becker frame. I don't think they carry these as stock any more but will definitely make them up for you. Talk to your local H&B agent. Frames are not super pretty but are extremely tough and allow ues as a grab point, which is very difficult on a standrad V11. They also accept a top box but given how high up and rearward it is, I wouldn't recommend you use a top box.

Hi

I use Hepco and Becker 30 litre hard cases on an Hepco and Becker frame. I don't think they carry these as stock any more but will definitely make them up for you. Talk to your local H&B agent. Frames are not super pretty but are extremely tough and allow ues as a grab point, which is very difficult on a standrad V11. They also accept a top box but given how high up and rearward it is, I wouldn't recommend you use a top box.

30 litres are fine. I looked through the forum and saw that some owners have the H&B 40 litres bags. That would be even better for my needs.

I guess I could use the Hepco-Becker lateral bags and the analogous mounts and fit the V11 ruck. Can the Hepco/Becker top box be mounted on the V11 ruck?