Yip , Its a Beautiful day. How to Blow and ECU

THe Civil One

Sun shining , and got to thinking ""GUZZI "" ....

Down to the To the Toy store , and Wheel her out , Dam , she looks sweet, with her new single seat ..

I think a wash is called for , Cant be seen out on a dirty birdie , well not in daylight .

Wash complete , Oil checked , and were ready for off ! dead Battery ! ,,,,,,,

Booster pack , Starts and i think to myself , "" Boy she runs sweet .

She dies out ,, Jump again .. NOTHING ..

Fuel pump runs continuously , not a peep , change the relays about , Clean the connectors ? ... Nothing

Check the Fuses , Fuse 2 is blown ,ecu fuse, i think that was lucky . Change fuses ,clean connectors ?.... Nothing

The feature here is a steady running pump ..

I am thinking , i have overloaded the Ecu Voltage regulator chip , hence the ECU ?

Whaddya think , All pointers appreciated , even where i can send the ECU for a refurb ?

Whaddya think , All pointers appreciated , even where i can send the ECU for a refurb ?

Shame about that - I feel for you. 3 options?

1) Get OEM fixed - not sure who can do this but there is a posting somewhere about a fix - may not be the same as your issue - I'll see if I can find it and edit/post it here.

2) Get a replacement - I cannot recommend myECU highly enough. You may have some work to do however; if you don't have fingers like cows tits but do have a normal set of neurons you should manage it.

3) Buy a new / secondhand one one - if one is indeed available.

personally I wouldn't mess with any booster pack, and wouldn't have tried jump starting either, a bump start maybe.. take your battery in for a load test or borrow a known good one but don't rely on some extra boost to your battery. after you fix the battery problem then you can find out if something else is funky. yes you may have fried something in the ECU, what Guzzi and what ECU is it anyway?

I had a buddy at work fix 2 bad p8 ECU from 98 EV's.. it was a diode I believe and I have a pic if you have that same box.. your Spot is probably a different unit tho..

One thing I'd try first would be getting a used IAW16 car unit out of a FIAT, Lancia or similar. Ebay sometimes has them quite cheap. It might sound risky, nevertheless I'd try it out in the bike, how the pump acts etc. the bike might start even. Third step then would be to switch the eeproms. Should this scenario fail you have at least some spareparts someone could use to repair your's (the big Vishay diode for instance and others).

hubert

Edit: used Guzzi parts, working, are offered for about 200 Euros. Probably the better way to go.

Sun shining , and got to thinking ""GUZZI "" ....

Down to the To the Toy store , and Wheel her out , Dam , she looks sweet, with her new single seat ..

I think a wash is called for , Cant be seen out on a dirty birdie , well not in daylight .

Wash complete , Oil checked , and were ready for off ! dead Battery ! ,,,,,,,

Booster pack , Starts and i think to myself , "" Boy she runs sweet .

She dies out ,, Jump again .. NOTHING ..

Fuel pump runs continuously , not a peep , change the relays about , Clean the connectors ? ... Nothing

Check the Fuses , Fuse 2 is blown ,ecu fuse, i think that was lucky . Change fuses ,clean connectors ?.... Nothing

The feature here is a steady running pump ..

I am thinking , i have overloaded the Ecu Voltage regulator chip , hence the ECU ?

That is exactly what happened to me a few years ago. After searching tinternet, I traced the fault to the ECU power reg. chip. Brought the My16M mk3 and it change the bike into a pussy cat that roars. Love it. :grin: