Headlight replacement

Guest twogeese

Guest twogeese

While out for a fall ride I caught a rock that put a big chip in my headlight. What a big surprise when I priced out a new one (275-349$). Can this be right?

I belive that these headlights are the same as what is used in a Guzzi with hanging tits :-) r1150 so check with a Guzzi with hanging tits :-) dealer as they may be available cheaper.

cheers :bier:

Guest vkerrigan

Twogeese.......Once you get your lens assembly replaced, you may want to consider looking at the Ventura Pack website as they make a headlight guard for the V11 LeMans which, although noticable, doesn't look too bad. I've used one for the past year its saved me at least three dings in the lens. Their website is:

www.ventura-bike.com. If memory serves me correctly, it ran under $20.00.

Happy Trails!

Unfortunatly, youo can't buy replacement parts for the headlight assembly, you have to replace the complete headlight unit. The 2nd unfortunate problem is that moto Guzzi, in its FINITE wisdom has superceded the old V11sport/ LeMans/etc...with the new headlight on the Breva. It might take a little bit of fiddling to fit properly.The part # is 01740567 which has been ssd to 32740510

about 200.00 :bbblll:

andy

Sorry, that last post is not correct :doh: . The V11 Sport/ naked V11s have a different headlight. Still available #03740540 and yes you are within pennys on the price. :bbblll:

The LeMans info is true ....It now uses the Breva headlamp

andy :mg:

You might like to check out a replacement glass for the hanging jugs model. Part number is 63121243541, and is the same Bosch unit.

I fitted one to my '97 California, cost US$27. It is held on to the reflector by a rubber ring (memory) and is easily removed. :D

Guest guest_twogeese

Thanks for all the info guys...found the headlight for 67.31 @ a local Guzzi with hanging tits :-) dealer and will try Bob's Guzzi with hanging tits :-) to see if I can save a little more. Not sure where Moto Guzzi gets off charging so much for it's parts? One would think with the added buying power of Aprilia theyb would start to pass the savings on to the loyal ridders who have put up with all the hassels over... oh the last 25 years or so.