rear suspension cannister

Guest Le Man

Guest Le Man

I was changing all my brake and clutch fluids today and removed the shock cannister to gain access to the clutch slave bleeder and, just for hell of it let the air out of it. I don't know why.... So anyway, how much pressure must I put back in? Any know?

Another thing..my '03 has started to "jam" when shifting every once in a while (twice in 300 miles) ..won't shift up until I kick down or vice versa. Could this be the start of shift spring problems?

Mike

IBA#15554

I was changing all my brake and clutch fluids today and removed the shock cannister to gain access to the clutch slave bleeder and, just for hell of it let the air out of it.

Well Mikie,

The good news is, it ain't air that you let out of the shock. The bad news is, it was nitrogen. Take the bike to your local shop or suspension guru to have the shock recharged. I don't know the pressure off hand, they should know.

Good luck,

Other Mike

Guest Le Man

Mikee!

I had a feeling about that (don't ask me why I did it but I can't help but mess w/shit).

Well the good news for me is that I own an air conditioning business and I have a couple of nitrogen set-ups so the recharge will be no problem. I think I will hit it with about 70 psi to start and see how it feels.

My question is why do they have a schrader valve on that cannister and why isn't it marked??

While doing this I added two Guzzi with hanging tits :-) Type power ports for electric clothes,etc.

Tried my new 'stich suit out last week with my new electric vest and boy oh boy was I warm and comfy! Week before last I was off work and I knocked out two IBA runs, one SS1K and a BB1500 both on my 650 KLR Kawasaki. They should be listed on the IBA site in 6-10 weeks.

Well thanks for the input, if you do find out what the PSI should be let me know.

BTW the term "suspension Guru" and "I live in Florida" do not go together.

Mike

Mikie,

I had a KLR650 some years ago, fun bike but you had to get used to the bars moving back and forth at it's max speed around 105 mph. :grin:

Living in Florida, I wouldn't think you would need electric heaters in your clothing. In the Bay Area it has been in the low 40's the last few days. :huh:

Other Mike :bike:

Guest Le Man

Actually North FL can be quite chilly and, as someone has observed, on a bike you don't freeze right away, it takes several hours to get the job done. Plus we are temperature wimps here.

Mike