Rear of gearbox oil leak

gavo

I've searched and read through some of the threads however I have some specific questions.

The oil (gearbox) you can smell it, appears to be coming  from an area forward of the casting?, rear of gearbox that the pork chops bolt to and the slave cylinder is bolted to.

I've removed most of the rear stuff (swingarm, drive shaft crossover etc) now if I unbolt the pork chops from the gearbox will I be able to get to the 2bolts I can see tucked up at the bottom of the gear box and what happens if I remove the whole rear section the the slave cylinder is mounted on? I'd hate to have to ride my Suzuki to the upcoming Guzzi rally lol

IMGP3189_zpsebd5105d.jpg

IMGP3188_zps8baa6aa0.jpg

IMGP3185_zps1fabc636.jpg

IMGP3187_zpsb194ac0a.jpg

Hi Gavo, Do NOT try and remove this while on the bike. You have disassembled it this far so go ahead and pull the gear box off. If you pull this off on the bike you may never get it aligned back to put the cover back on. Crab the frame up,pull the starter and remove the 6 or so bolts/nuts hold the tranny to the engine.

Once you have the box out it will be much easier to accomplish this task. It will also give you the oppurtunity to reseal the box if it turns out not be a loose couple of bolts . :thumbsup:

keep us posted

• 5 months later...