Oil Pressure Light not working

bikelee

HELP ! I turn on the ignition and my oil pressure light is not working. So I change out the bulb from the tach light cause I know it is good. But that does not work either. I put a good meter between the lead from the oil pressure switch and the oil pressure switch* and I get 11.78 volts. I put the same meter on the light socket for the ops* in the dash and I get 11.78 volts. WTF. I am getting frustrated and confused. I am assuming the light should go on when the key is turned on for ignition and then off when the engine starts and builds enough pressure to turn the switch off, right ? :mellow: PLEASE help ! :oldgit:  I'm gonna get a  cold one and chill out. :mg:

Thanks, Leon.

I have just fitted an oil pressure gauge to my V11.

I have had issues in the past with a Norge I owned where the oil pressure gauge was faulty , leading me to constantly worry if the oil pressure switch was working correctly etc.

In the end it was the switch, but it did worry me at the time.

This lead me to fit the pressure gauge.

I can now see what is happening in terms of oil pressure under power etc.

I can't find any information regarding what are the typical pressures I should be seeing, typically getting 60psi once warmed up and at about 4,500 prm

I have just fitted an oil pressure gauge to my V11.

I have had issues in the past with a Norge I owned where the oil pressure gauge was faulty , leading me to constantly worry if the oil pressure switch was working correctly etc.

In the end it was the switch, but it did worry me at the time.

This lead me to fit the pressure gauge.

I can now see what is happening in terms of oil pressure under power etc.

I can't find any information regarding what are the typical pressures I should be seeing, typically getting 60psi once warmed up and at about 4,500 prm

What oil pressure gauge did you fit ? Thanks !!

• 9 months later...