New Here From Edinburgh, Scotland!

Big Tav

It's so hard! I would like one of the newer bikes if possible. I am not a Guzzi fanantic so I can't see me paying £6,000+ for one as my first Moto Guzzi. I might get one, fall in love then get the bug and buy a proper minter. These all seem cheap to what I did with HD and Victory!

This is what I am also comparing a Moto Guzzi to for example:  

http://www.gumtree.com/p/bmw-motorbikes/r1200s-in-boxer-cup-colours/1117659140

or http://www.motorcyclenews.com/bikes-for-sale/aprilia/tuono-1000-r/7642575/

All good bikes. All twins but each has there own unique characteristics.

Lots of good advice and info in the previous posts.

Just to add my 2p worth.  The prices on V11s have started to creep up over the last couple of years, so if you did go ahead and buy a V11 (of any model) it's unlikely you'd lose too much, if anything in a year or two. Any of the other bikes you've mentioned will most likely depreciate.  One of the things that hasn't been mentioned is that you do need to give yourself time to adjust to a Guzzi.  They have a very different feel to most other bikes. You'll get a biased view on here because we all love them, but try to ride one for a decent test ride first if you can. Buying a cheap one that has been less well maintained may give you a poor impression. Better to buy the best you can and that doesn't mean the most expensive.

Hi scott,

I'm just a short hop away from you in Glasgow.  Happy to meet up over a weekend if you want to look at a V11 'up close'.  I have an '02 Le Mans ....

Cheers

Colin

Hi Colin, Thanks for the offer mate! That sounds really good. The only problem I have is I work a lot and nearly every weekend since I sell cars. Do you ever come to Edinburgh?

It would be great if you could PM me your mobile and I can let you know if I am ever over there :)