Throttle response

Anders

OK,I know this sounds stupid but I'm going to ask anyway..

Is it possible by mapping/tuning to get the same throttle response from a Stucchi xover as a Mistral xover?

The reason why I ask is because I have a Stucchi xover-mistral silencers on my v11 and i'm going to get a custome map for it.

I'm thinking of buying a full system from MASS

http://www.massmoto.com/en/moto-guzzi-2/v11-sport.html#1

but ask them to make it the same size as Staintune all the way through.(It's not as expensive as it may sound 600 EURO)

Or simply buy a Mistral xover to get better throttle response and a little bit more torque at the sam time ,around 3000-5000 rpm.

I had an1100sport ie with Stucchi xover and mistral silencers and a good PC III map.That set up was far from the same throttle response as a full Staintune exhaust I put on later on.

So,I thought,as Staintune is1mm thinner than stock ID ,which would keep the speed up on the exhausts,(i would think) and give instant throttle response,i thought it would be the same for a Mistral xover (which also is thinner than stock)and Mistral mufflers.

Greg Field's post here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11564&hl=%2Btale+%2Bcrossovers

I should say also that Staintune doesn't make those full systems for 1100sport anymore,if they would I would buy one right away.But now maybe MASS can make one instead.

What do you think?

Keep the Stucchi/Mistral?

or swap the Stucchi for Mistral xover?

or get the MASS system?

Hi Gelos.

Thanks for the charts.

That is some good numbers you got! Maybe it's not at the rear wheel?

In any case it's good info to see the curves compared to each other.

You have the 2002LeMans and I have a LeMans from 2005 with the balance pipe between the headers,otherwise we seem to have about the same tuning.I also have ported heads,higher compression,twin spark.Work done by Dynotec in Germany.

I should say that I usually ride in traffic to and from work and I'm looking for good torque and throttle response from 2500-5000 rpm for most of the time.

When reading about and comparing what v11 owners with Mistral I think it may be a difference with that balance pipe when using Mistral crossover.I think that's maybe atleast part of the reason why Greg Field got as good results as he did here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11564&hl=%2Btale+%2Bcrossovers

I might try the Mistral xover anyway..

Yes, my power chart is at engine, not at rear wheel.

Motoguzzinix tested Mistral at the newer V11 with balance pipe and came to similar results, but full engine power at WOT and road cruising are two different worlds.

I know one Ballabio owner with Mistral x-over that is very satisfied.

I'm interested in your mapping, you can see my one, but software for ECU 15M (>2002) and 15RC(2003>) are not directly replaceable, you get a PM from me.