Revs - setting up

TomekSZ

Hello,

This is not a simple problem, however. Apparently my lambda probe is crazy. Most European v11 catalytic converters include the problem of gaps and gusts while driving. The problem is with ECU and ignition map. It's a known thing. I want to get rid of the problem, I upgraded the map, and in principle from one of my colleagues in this forum - thank you very much on this occasion :-) - got a ready map. Anyway I had to disable the lambda sensor on this map. After turning it off - the motorcycle seems to have been healed. Unfortunately, without the lambda probe with readings only the engine temperature and the air sensor of the motorcycle just jogging in the junk.

Because I have exhausted all the mistral - collector tubes, cross tube and exhaust tip, I wrote about the problem to Mistral. Got a response that problems with the V Twin engine solves their new solution Guzzi V Twin Boost - on the sidelines with the products.

Do not advertise this solution because of Poland - no one has bought it yet, I guarantee. On the other hand, it is reportedly solving a lot of problems in general Moto Guzzi with electronics and sensors. So I remember trying it out and checking it out. Then i will be back with the opinion. 

That's why I set the idle using both screws otherwise idle is different each time you blip the throttle, worn linkages I guess

I came up with my own procedure

1/ Close both throttles, linkage removed

2/ Turn in each screw until it just grips a strip of paper on each throttle, this is my zero point 150 mV on TPS

3/ Wind in the RH idle screw until I see the right mV (is it 450, I forget) on the TPS while counting how many flats I turn the allen key.

4/ Wind in the LH idle screw the same No of flats, I figure both butterflies are now evenly open.

5/ Put back the linkage adjusting the length so it doesn't open either butterfly

6/ Open Air bleeds 1 or 1-1/2 turns (both the same)

7/ Check balance with a "U" tube with oil, it usually needs a little tweak on one air bleed or if too far off a tiny adjustment to one of the idle stops Now the bike should be idling at the right speed and will recover after a blip of the throttle.

8/ Set high speed balance with the white knob, it should be only a fraction off, if it upsets the idle you've done something wrong.

It's a while since I last did mine, don't shoot me if I missed a step.

• Like 1