Help with MRA wind screen for 2004 Cafe Sport

Jazzamoto

I'm thinking of adding an MRA wind screen to my Cafe Sport but having gone through their web site I'm unsure which screen would work for my Cafe Sport. I'd prefer the clamp-on version rather then screw-on (just don't want to drill holes through that screen!). So for those of you with similar small fairings, Cafe Sport, Scura, Cafe, etc. who are using an MRA fairing, which model number are you using?

Thanks!

John 

You mean a spoiler?

Well, I have the touring x-creen on my Aprilia, using the clamps.

Keep in mind that the clamps are weirdly heavy, and make the lip wobble and bounce, so I am going to drill the screen when I get a second.

Try all the adjustments to see what works, it took some experimentation to reduce buffeting. But the thing that worked the best was to lift the windshield away from the fairing, allowing air to come in underneath, using a Palmer mount:

http://www.palmerproducts.co.uk

That really smoothed it out. There are other brands as well, search around....

Thanks JB. Yes, I should have said spoiler. The Palmer mount is interesting but the Cafe wind screen is built into the fairing and not a separate unit. I'll check out the touring x-screen though. Thanks for the tip!

John

I have the MRA Sport X-screen on my Ballabio.  It's clamped to the stock shield and sits horizontal to the top of the stock shield so it looks like a "T".    It redirects the airflow to the top of my chest giving me less turbulence.   I also use the touring version in combination with a tall Givi screen on my Aprilia Caponord Rally.

John W.

I have the MRA Sport X-screen on my Ballabio.  It's clamped to the stock shield and sits horizontal to the top of the stock shield so it looks like a "T".    It redirects the airflow to the top of my chest giving me less turbulence.   I also use the touring version in combination with a tall Givi screen on my Aprilia Caponord Rally.

John W.

Thanks nwrider, I actually just ordered the Sport x-screen yesterday. Looked like the best solution size wise. It comes with the hardware for both clamp-on and screw-on.

Cheers!

John

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the MRA Sport X creen (Twisted Throttle part # MRA.VCA.S.1) installed on my 2004 Cafe Sport. The kit includes hardware for both clamp-on and screw-on installation. I've got it clamped on for now and it seems fine. The screen and fairing vibrate a bit I'm not sure that it can be attributed to the clamps. Given its small size I wasn't expecting much of an impact on air flow but I'm happy to report that it has a very significant effect at highway speeds, which is what I was hoping for. I can give this screen a two thumbs up. At some point, when I get up the courage, I'll replace the clamps with the drill-on  attachment.

Thanks JBBenson and nwrider!

Cheers,

John

IMG_0635.JPG