Pro Grip gel grip

Guest Brent

There's a lot of grips to choose from, so I was wondering what the part numbers are for the ones you all are using on your LeMans's.

Pro Grip makes a gel grip for dirt bikes that is really terrific. Has a dimpled surface similar to a golf ball, but the dimples go deeper. Retail is $9 per pair. I get them at my local KTM Dealer.

The same company makes street grips, but these are my favorite on the street or on my dirt bike. Most comfortable grip I have ever used.

i agree wich rich - i have used these grips on every sport bike i've owned for the last four years. they are pro grip p/n pg0714 and they are available in many colors. the only thing is that they will need the end cut off to clear the bar weight (not a big deal). if you have trouble finding them, just call me (we always keep at least a couple sets in stock).

regards,

ken zeller

evoluzione cyclesports

Thanks for the replies. The local shops didn't have the 714 grip, so I went with the 699. If this isn't much of an improvement over stock, I'll try the 714s next.

I had some kind of Gel Grips installed on my bike since new to lessen vibration. Then I installed my Napoleon bar end mirrors and vibration was not an issue anymore.

So recently I reinstalled the factory grips (they were not damaged - taken off the bar using compressed air. Nice trick I learned from my dealer) and surprise! ; the feel of the road through the front wheel and grips is BACK. I did not realize how big difference it makes. There is a reason road racers never use soft grips and no manufacturer installs these on a performance bike.

Now I feel so much more secure riding aggresively...Give all the soft grips to Harley riders and other poseurs.