Stock Muffler Mods

Guest albarnhart

Guest albarnhart

Anyone know a good way to modify the stock cans on a 2001 V11 sport. (more flow). :mg:

My buddy Lester in Pentictin B.C. modified his in a big way. He cut the welded end off, pulling out the baffle to find industrial pressed steel wool as the muffling. Of course it was matted thick with carbon. He took some time to hook it all out, then welded the end back on. With the Ferracci air box kit, he has the ability to loft the front end in second gear, really waking it up, and no more flat spot at 3500-4500 rpm. Cosmetically, it is untouched looking. He says the noise is quite pleasant but not obtrusive.

Cost: 130cdn for the Ferraccci kit.

Ciao, Steve G.

Guest albarnhart

Thanks Guys, Both Ideas sound good. Think I will try drilling first and see if thats enough. Would'nt the steal wool clog sooner or later.

K&N kit will be installed when trans recall is done.

Guest albarnhart

Just finshed drilling and WOW! the sound is great and looks stock. It's raining or I would be out on the road. Thanks for your help.

Al Barnhart.

Make SURE the screws holding the end caps are on tight and use Loctite..!!

After I drilled mine, I lost two screws due to vibration !

Cheers, Tim

Tim,

I think I have a few screws for the muffler cover in my basement. You are welcome to them if you need them.

Mike just over the hill

Guest albarnhart

Ya I used locktite. Looks the former owner had the same issue as they (screws) dont match side to side.

thanks...

Mike

Thanks for the kind offer... Let me know what works for you this weekend, and Mother's Day festivities permitting, maybe I can scoot by to grab them ..

Failing that, maybe a ride next weekend?

Cheers, Tim