Fork Spring Size?

Guest chong-chong

Guest chong-chong

I want to put stiffer springs in my 02 Le Mans and I need to know what size I should order. Length, diameter, inner diameter, etc. I could take my forks apart and measure the springs but then my bike would be out of commision until the new springs came in. Can someone recommend a spring manufacturer? I used RaceTech for new springs on my Ducati but they don't list Moto Guzzi on there web site.

I just put a set of Traxxion Dynamic springs in my 02 LeMans. I'm about 225+bike weight.I think I got 1.1 or 1.2 springs :rasta: .You will like the difference it makes! The down side is you will want to change the rear shock as well :blink:

andy

In Europe we have WP. To be exactly, this is in Holland, Uden.

Last I make some call and they say a couple of springs for the V11 will cost circa € 300,-

You will need another oil, in my case the oil for my fork has been mixture. The 0.5 has come with the 1.0. The density of the oil gives you also a better feeling with the asphalt.

Another alternate is Öhlins….!

www.wp.nl

Guest vkerrigan

Ken Zeller @ evoluzione.com in Simi Valley, CA was able to come up with a RaceTech spring package for my 02 LeMans last fall. I believe the springs are the same as the 900 SS Ducati's. I went with a 1.0 spring set (35mm X 295mm), 5w Motul synthetic fork oil (400 cc's per leg), 15 mm preload shim for a sag of 35mm.

His telephone # there is (805)306-9705. Good Luck......I would echo Andy's comment that you will notice a big positive improvement in the front, but also highlight improvements needed in the rear.............vk