FBF Fender eliminator kit installed

F344

Rear view.

BTW, The FBF brake light is about 1/4 as bright as my stock brake light. As soon as I can find a replacement I'm going to fit a brighter light.

Rear view.

BTW, The FBF brake light is about 1/4 as bright as my stock brake light.  As soon as I can find a replacement I'm going to fit a brighter light.

nice, very nice.

I was concerned about how bright that light is , & the fact that it is even more hidden make me worry more.

So it was either buy the FBF kit or pay a bit more than double (taking shipping into account etc) & buy the full Carbon Fibre tail with light built in by Paul (from this forum).

I reallly don't know now... :huh2:

the most admired

Well, certainly the most admired for your physique (current avatar) ...! :D:D

I have the FBF kit installed as well. When I was riding w/ Mike & Condom Dave and the gang through Hollister on the 4th, Mike commented that he couldn't really tell when I was braking .. this is not a good thing.. You certainly want the people behind you to know when you're slowing down..

Please let me know what you find about brighter tail lights...

Cheers, Tim

I forgot to add in my first post that the polished license plate frame is from Custom Dynamics. I also added a couple of extra little red leds wired into the brake circuit, and the Custom Dynamic integrated brake light on the license plate frame. Brake light visibility is good in the dark, but unacceptable in daylight.

http://www.customdynamics.com/illuminatorz...20Plate%20Frame

Guest robbrugg

I'm researching elim kits right now (my current homework), and find that there's not many options out there (hence my latest rant). Visibility of lighting is the biggest problem, then there's the lack of cool factor (HUGE turn signals, white brake light w/amber turn signals).

If anyone has qualities that they would look for in a elim kit, please let me know. I will keep looking and report back, OR - I may just make a prototype.

Robb

PS - Frank, your bike is really coming together!!!

I just removed the fender altogether

just keeping to metal holder and the little

plastic lip on the inside.

I bolted my licence plate onto that and

a line of LEDs for running/brake lights on

the top of the licence plate.

(No turn signals - at least not yet)

Best part - it is free

Thanks Robb. I'm waiting on a few more parts, mainly the TI cans and chip form Moto GUzzi, but soon I'll be done.

One last thing, If you look really close at the photo above, you can see where I drilled out the cans.

Guest robbrugg

Gthyni - do you know if the width of the bolt holes on a euro plate is the same as US?

Frank - I see the holes. Are these the same infamous cans that you pulled all the packing out of, or are these new cans? If so, give me the low-down.

Gthyni - do you know if the width of the bolt holes on a euro plate is the same as US?

I didn't use them

I drilled 2 new holes in the plate and used the M8(?) bolts

the normally holds the rear fender to bolt the plate in place.

OK - I got some new and brighter LEDs from JC Whitney.

If you are interested Part #12 4336P

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product...ZX/appId-529860

although, you might want to try Part # 12 4335B.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product...ZX/appId-149568

I might have used that if I'd thought of it.

BTW, the web page and the item shipped aren't identical; so read the descriptions carefully to be sure you are getting what you want.

Also, I couldn't get the LEDs to go on dim for running and then bright for Braking. I used 2 sets of LEDs and wired one set into the running light circuit and the other into the Brake circuit.

I sanded the back of the housings thinner and mated them, and then screwed them to the plastic under surface of the tail.

Here are the last (I hope) photos.

Frank

If anyone knows how to do this properly, don't tell me because I don't want to do it all over again.

:rolleyes:

It's still not as bright as I'd like, but I think is might be OK.

Guest 1100sport

Hi Frank,

I am looking for bullet indicators for my bike. Can you tell me where you got yours ? Any chance to have them in black ?

Thanks,

Mathieu