Rich Maund v. Corbin seat

F344

Well I finally decided to go for a Rich Maund rebuild. Since I had a family function in Norfolk this past weekend, I contacted Rich about dropping off the seat. You will not find anyone easier to work with than Rich. :thumbsup:

I dropped the seat off at his house on Thurs PM and picked it up on Fri PM. If any of you can get better service than that I'd sure like to know! :D:D

Today I did my first test ride and the difference is real! If the stock seat is giving you some grief, give Rich a yell. I now think that the ergos are where I want them.

Aww Geez Folks. I felt my ears burning, so I figured I better check in on the Board. Yep, sure enough, y'all have been talking me up again. I DO appreciate that. :thumbsup:

It was a pleasure meeting you Ralph! I always enjoy having customers actually come here! I almost qualify as a hermit with all the time I spend in my shop. So having folks come and visit is a great compromise for me. I hope you weren't too put off by the mess here! After I rebuilt your seat, I got about half the sheet steel together for the sidecar body I am building for my Ural. I just finished cleaning up that mess so I can do more seat work this week. It was cool to be able to spend a weekend doing my own project for once though! That was great!

I welcome seat business folks. My busy season is winding down and I am now only booking work a week in advance. You can get a real quick turn around from me as slow as it's been lately! I am enjoying the "breather" though. Since March I have stayed booked up an average of three weeks in advance and have worked almost every weekend and evening. I have to wonder how I stay as fat as I do. B)

You can see more of my work on my site link below. My price to rebuild these seats ($305 or $318.73 if you live in Va.) should be good through sometime this Fall. That's when my suppliers raise prices if they plan to do so. I haven't raised mine in three years, BTW. I'm now one of the cheap shops! That price includes reshaping within the design limitations of the seat (Either to use the cowl or not.), a custom gel sheet installation in the front, a custom cover just about any way you want it in my available marine vinyls and return FedEx shipping/Ins. in the USA.

If you'd like your job scheduled, please give me a shout! Turn around is about two days with an appointment.

Thanks again Folks for your comments!