Neptune Exhaust in the USA

edge

Neptune Mufflers of NZ has worked a deal with www.adventurersworkshop.com. Andrew is the owner and is a dual sport hanging tits kinda guy. He's new to the line but working through it with a couple installed and more on the way (mostly BMW stuff). Neptune's site in NZ is http://www.neptunemufflers.co.nz/

I am going to purchase a set of cans for my lemans (not sure of the black chrome or brushed SS). Andrew is getting the pricing nailed down and getting some details on the low mount but looks a like it will be high 800 to low 900s.. A little pricy but very nice stuff from those that own them. I like the use of stock mounting hardware, keeping OEM passenger foot pads and the removable exhaust insert to keep the DBs down. I'll keep you posted on the my dealings with Andrew, shipping, mounting etc.. :rolleyes:

A set on a Sport: http://www.neptunemufflers.co.nz/guz1a.jpg

I wanted to get the MG Ti system but since they are currently made of unobtainium :angry: and have a no-time-soon delivery date with the back order. Called several dealers and can get the 2003 kit but no joy on the 2002 setup. :homer:

If you want to chat with Andrew; info@adventurersworkshop.com or 908-740-5203. He's new to the line, has a Neptune can on his Beemer and is quite happy with fit and finish (of course).. Both Neptune in NZ and Andrew have been prompt with responses.

Nice to have another choice in the U.S. :bier:

• 4 weeks later...

Well I got my exhaust in today from Neptune Muffler NZ. I'm very pleased of the quality, fit & finish. Exhaust came complete and was on in 30 minutes. An exact replacement for OEM cans at the same money. I put 50 miles on them today and am very happy with the sound, and butt dyno performance. My pre-detonation pinging seems to be gone and it seems to pull a little harder in the middle. I did today’s ride with the inserts in and will try to get another ride in this weekend with them removed so I can feel & hear the difference. They bolted to the original mounting plates and also allow mounting of the original passenger kick plates. I ordered mine in brushed stainless because I thought the signature Neptune "Black Chrome" would be too much with the Champagne and thought the polished SS (ala Staintune) might be too much bling too.

Andrew at adventures workshop has been super to deal with and almost as excited as I was to get this system in. This system, delivered was $935.00 US... I know, it's a little pricy but as I said it's the same money as the OEMs, it has the inserts and retains the OEM mounting location and hardware... and they are gorgeous and light and with the inserts are two cans in one. :wub:

It took a little over two weeks to get but considering they are made to order, were shipped from NZ, double checked in NJ (@ adventures work shop) and my door with UPS 3 day, I cannot complain.

Bear with me on the picture posting...

Guest hurricane1000

WOW, looks great! and from the rear tire wear, it looks like you have already been hitting the corners....

does it have that sweet open header sound?

:drink:

Actually quite like stock with the inserts. Nice rumble at idle and throughout RPM. Will pull inserts this afternoon so will update later.. Bring your gear, I'm going to be tied up most of this weekend :bike:

Guest hurricane1000
Bring your gear, I'm going to be tied up most of this weekend :bike:

you only need to tell me opnce!! :D although, you may want to disappear at some point.... i dont want to block your getaway... :ninja: