WIX

Guest Thundering Subash

Guest Thundering Subash

I found a place near my house that sells WIX oil filters that are applicable to our V11's. The best part is they only cost $5.97 each. I originally grabbed the AMSOIL filter, but the guy at the counter pointed out the WIX ones which cost 4 dollars less. :thumbsup::grin:

Anyway, I just thought I'd mention this for those that may not have known. I was actually shocked and impressed to see the filter application listed for MG in their reference book (I've found that most manufacturers don't both with little old MG, even though they may have products that are applicable). Perhaps they're not likely to be widely available, but they should be at least in the U.S. and perhaps anywhere else HD's are common (in addition to Moto Guzzi's, these filters apply to several Harley's and a few other makes). :luigi:

The part numbers are:

MOTO GUZZI

1100 Series, V11 Series, 1100ES 1100 (94-01) 51215

1100 Series, V11 Series 1100 (02-03) 51348

But don't take my word for it. If you find a place that sells WIX oil filters, just look it up in their reference manual or look online @ http://www.wixfilters.com/

BTW, I'm not a WIX spokesperson, just a Guzzi nut. :mg:

-Chris :bike:

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the tip - you never know when it may come in handy.

Cheers

Søren

Guest jonny c

Yes!!....Wix filters have excellent filtration!....The are used commonly in "Fleet" vehicles.... You can find these at any NAPA Dealer (Wix makes Napa's filters, same numbers). If you have a chance, cut your common filter in half, and compare it to the Wix/Napa and see the difference. The price is right!!